Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Touching, beautiful performance - OT
ddnos posted:
Ok so this is a video of an 11 year old girl singing
Let It Go - Frozen - Alex Boyé (Africanized Tribal Cover) Ft. One Voice Children's ChoirIt's quite beautiful and feel compelled to share it with anyone who will watch/listen!
I hope you enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAJYk1jOhzk
Below is a part of an article, "Behind the Scenes of Lexi Walker's performance.
"Lexi Walker, 11, from Sandy, Utah, has captivated hundreds of thousands this past year with her performances at aReal Salt Lake soccer game , USANA's 2013 International Convention and the"We Are Hope" concert at the Conference Center in Salt Lake City.
But her most recent performance with artist Alex Boyé has garnered attention around the world, with video views reaching more than 18 million.
The young artist played the leading role of Elsa in Boyé's recent YouTube cover of "Let It Go," which was noteworthy in and of itself, but the Walker family's humble attitude has also impressed many.
"With six kids, we try and keep things normal for everyone by making sure that whatever comes up gets worked around doing things that really matter like family prayer, scripture study, eating together and, of course, laundry," Lexi's mother, Lisa Walker told the Deseret News.
When Lisa first began looking for a recording studio for Lexi a little more than a year ago, it wasn't to help Lexi pursue a solo career but to make her a member of the One Voice Children's Choir , which she now is.
"She told me, 'OK, how do I get my daughter in your choir?' And I said 'Why do you want your daughter to join a choir when she can already shine as a soloist all over the place?'" said Masa Fukuda, the director of One Voice Children's Choir. "I've worked with so many stage mothers that are all about promoting their daughters, and she said, 'No, no, no. I don't want my daughter to be a diva."
And even with the success of Lexi's solo in Boyé's video, she has remained modest about her performance.
"I only saw the video one time right in the beginning before there were very many views," Lexi told the Deseret News. "It wasn't until later that I heard it was going a little crazy. I'm really glad that people like it."
In addition to humility, the 11-year-old sensation also has an innate love for music......"
To finish reading the article, click on the following link:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865597339/Behind-the-scenes-of-11-year-old-Utahn-Lexi-Walkers-viral-Let-It-Go-performance.html?pg=all

Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

bpcookie responded:
I love that video and that little girl has an outstanding voice. Absolutely beautiful. I cant believe that voice is coming out of that little girls mouth. WOW. Just imagine how good she will be when she becomes an adult.
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.