Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Why Can't We All Just Get Along?/possible trigger
bpcookie posted:
Here I sit crying all because of a phone call from my dad.

Go back almost a year, my step mother has cancer and in a panic she tells me "keep the family together". Since her death I have tried to do so. Its not an easy thing to do when half of the family isnt talking to each other. So I do my monthly phone calls to each of my family, checking on them and making sure that they are doing well. Ever since my step mothers passing, Ive called my father once to twice a week.

Since Thanksgiving, me and my sister haven't talked because of an argument. An argument in which I apologized to her although I had done nothing wrong. I just wanted to keep peace between me and my sis. Ive tried calling her, leaving her messages and also sending emails. *shrug*

My father is an alcoholic and there are many times where he has called me up and has been a smart azz and I have just kept quiet because I want to keep the peace. But this time he went to far and I have had enough of it. I broke down crying on the phone and have continued to cry, an hour later, after the phone call.

Im tired of being the families kicking post. Im always the nice one, the one who apologizes, the one who wont stick up for myself, the one who keeps quiet and the one who ends up crying. Im so tired of it.

:`(
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

slik_kitty responded:
hugs. you've tried. there is only so much you can do if the others won't cooperate. time to step back and let it fall apart. or go in with fists flying, saying you won't put up with their bs any more.

reneegigliotti responded:
Sometimes letting go of "family" is the healthiest thing you can do. Hugs

Renee

bpcookie responded:
Thanks guys. You have no idea how much I just want to step back and let them all just fall on their faces. My life would be so much easier. My father is the one who has caused most of the problems in the family. He is an alcoholic and has nothing good to say about anyone (except for me and one of my step brothers). But he crossed the line with me yesterday. I dont even know why my step mother picked me to keep the family together. Ive always been the black sheep of the family.

Thanks again Slik and Rene. Hope your both doing well. muahs
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

monkeybee replied to bpcookie's response:
Sorry Cookie. I don't have any advice here; I've never been in any situation like this but my heart goes out to you. I wish I could do more!

bpcookie replied to monkeybee's response:
Hello Monkey honey, Just replying to my post is doing plenty. Thank you for caring. muahs

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

JUST BREATHE!!!!
I did it! I'm where I need to be. I'm in waiting room, listining to a suggested song~ Fast Car ~ My all time fav. Thanks for the reminder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.