Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Not Sure
ddnos posted:
I see my tdoc on Tuesday and it's one of those times where I have about 4.5 topics I could talk with her about (the .5 is a bunch of misc things) Each topic is several sessions on their own - 2 of them we've already been working on, and 2 of them are new to her.

Even though this has happened times before with previous tdoc and managed to somehow figure out what I wanted to talk about, this time is a bit different. It's different because this tdoc is new and I can't just say a few things and she knows what I'm talking about; I will need to explain a lot of things that my other tdoc already knew. So I'm becoming anxious, but trying not to. I'm trying to figure out what, of the topics, needs my priority right now, and the only answer I come up with is "All of them!" I'm one of those who when asked to read a short story and then take out the unnecessary details, I can't do it. In my head, ALL the details are important and necessary. lol I know that's not really true, but it literally stresses me out to have to take out ANY of the details. lol So in light of my session on tuesday, even though I KNOW that there's no way possible we could talk about all of the topics in one session, I'm stressing out inside at the thought of only being able to talk about one, and not knowing what that one is!

Do any of you have that problem on occasion? This doesn't happen on a regular basis, but when it does, I react the same way each time.

Sometimes I wish I could have one long 8 hr session so that I could talk till my hearts content - for that day! lol

Where is everyone today? Somebody come out to play?

I hope everyone is enjoying their day, I am!

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty responded:
throw all topics on the table and let her decide which is more important to deal with first. that way the choice isn't yours and you don't need to stress over it.

ddnos replied to slik_kitty's response:
Well that's a great idea! Thanks!

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

reneegigliotti replied to ddnos's response:
Kitty, I use that approach all the time. I usually list the various topics and say "you get to pick". It's always interesting to see what they end up choosing. It always seems to be the correct choice though.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
110 of 127 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.