Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Includes Expert Content
Where is everyone today?
ddnos posted:
Ok, I'm beginning to think that I lost the memo that mentioned there would be a party today, which is why I'm the only one here, talking to myself! lol

Well, I'm going to have my own party!

Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown
FirstPrevious12NextLast

reneegigliotti responded:
I'm here!!!

ddnos replied to reneegigliotti's response:
well it's about friggen time someone dared to show their face here besides me! I been sitting here about an hour trying to find a coupon code for the shoes i buy, but no luck! They are a new model, so fat chance!! Sheeeesh! Don't they even CARE that I need those shoes at discount cost no matter how new the model??? Da noive!!! lol

How you doing?
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

ddnos replied to ddnos's response:
PS - these be the ones I be eying! They are Brooks Ariel 12 and I been wearing that make and model for years cuz they are the only tennis shoe type that I can wear - my feet overpronate really bad, and have lots of other pain - they simply won't cooperate with me - can you believe it???

So here's what they look like

That color looks blue, but its more purple, and purple be my favorite color - it's a color of royalty, you know? lol

ddnos replied to ddnos's response:
Cool! I just found a coupon code! It's not the greatest, but it's better than any I've found so far! They have 2 colors and I don't like the other one, but that one is in stock, whereas the one above is not. BUt they say if you want, just add to cart and it will be available within a few days! So though I wasn't going to spend any extra money this month and April, I need da shoes! I just hope they still are Ok for me. I tried them about a year ago and they didn't, but then realized that it likely wasn't the shoes, but my desparate need for new orthotics, which I got this past december. So i'm going through paypal, then "bill me later" and I will have 6 months zero interest to pay for them if I want to - which I won't do, but can if i need to! lol I'm nowhere near tired and should be considering NO sleep last night! Sheeeeeeeesh!

ddnos responded:
Ok Renee, you were supposed to stay - not just say you were here and disappear! Debbie shakes her head in disbelief! lol

reneegigliotti replied to ddnos's response:
Shoes baffle me Debbie. LOL. If I'm not wearing sneakers I'm wearing black flats. I literally own 3 pairs of shoes. I'm really NOT kidding.

ddnos replied to reneegigliotti's response:
Oh, so you finally show up, huh? lol

Re shoes, I normally just have 1 pair - I was able to splurge last year and have 2 pair (same shoe, just diff color). They are walking shoes - Brooks Addiction Walker made for feet that pronate. So at this point, those and the athletic shoes above are the only ones I've been able to wear. I technically don't NEED the athletic ones right now, but I'm just tired of only wearing the walking ones I have cus they look sort of like orthopetic shoes lol I like them, but sometimes i like to wear the tennis shoes, you know? My mom has bad feet and gave them to me, which I think was NOT a very nice gift! I've had feet issues since at least the age 14, when i got my first pair of orthotics cus i was practically walking on my ankles! Then had surgery on both of my feet (and 2 different times), then a 3rd minor surgery on one of the foots lol (can't remember which one) - have peripheral neuropathy so makes for sore feet when walking, but there's something else going on because wehn i talked with my my podiatrist informally when in the office last week, he thought the pain was due to peripheral neuropathy, but i told him i was diag with that 5 yrs ago, but have had that same pain for at least 25 yrs! When I told him, I just said "a long time" so he didn't realize it wsa that long. At any rate, that pain has always been secondary when i've gone in to see podiatrist, so he's never (and i've never) focussed on it even though it's almost the worse pain lol go figure! BUT, i'm stuck at who to see - plan to ask my PCP this friday - but I do'nt know if I should see my podiatrist specifically for this so it's the focus or, see my neurologist. I tend to believe that it's a nerve problem, (besides the neuropathy) but what the he** do I know? lol I can't afford to see both cus they would want to see me more than once. One owuld think it would be the podiatrist, but with my history...........grrrrrrrrrrrrr..see? Who the heck do I go to? lol Or at least, who would be first choice? Logic or gut? lol i.e. podiatrist or neurologist.? Hmmmmmm

I ramble, huh? lol
Good to see you
Debbie

reneegigliotti replied to ddnos's response:
I'm just weird about shoes and clothes. I don't like to look at them, shop for them, or think too much about them. As long as what I'm wearing is clean, matches, is in accordance with Orthodox Judaism's standards and agrees with my employer's dress code, I'm happy.

kimosey replied to reneegigliotti's response:
Hi! I just joined this site and I don't know if this is appropriate or not, but I was raised in an Orthadox household and I was wondering how your community reacted to your illness or if they know? I have been living where I am now for four years and am just about to join the Chabad community and I'm afraid to tell anyone that I'm sick because I don't know how they'll react. My father is supportive, but likes to remain ignorant to my problems, but still, very supportive. Will you talk to me?
thanks...

designmom651 replied to kimosey's response:
Kimosey. It is appropriate to ask. But to get a higher volume of response I would suggest starting a fresh post to get the ball rolling for some answers.

designmom651 replied to designmom651's response:
But in response to your question. I am open about my illness with anyone that I am around often, ie.work/friends. Medicated I run a pretty normal life. So I often deflect with humor about my illness. Because even manic if you don't know me you would not know that I was ill. You would just think I am very religious and a fast talker, lol.

kimosey replied to designmom651's response:
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm new to this...could you tell me how to start a new post? Thanks so much!

kimosey replied to designmom651's response:
And also...how do I ask the doctor G. a question? Thanks!

Joseph F Goldberg, MD replied to kimosey's response:
Just ask!

Dr. G.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

TO DROP MY WEIGHT, I DROPPED THE DIET SOFT DRINKS.
Been on Zonegran for about five years and a type II diabetic for 35 years using metaformin and insulin. It appears the jury is in for me on ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.