Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
I'm Home
ddnos posted:
Hi to those who knew I was at my mom's and the circumstances around that. I apologize for freaking out - well, sort of apologize because I think that I actually did have a reason to freak out under the circumstances.

Anyway, the person (stranger) who was at my mom's and her husband's appears to be nice and he's been very helpful around the house as his way of paying for a place to stay for a while. I say "appears" because I know that anyone can pretend to be nice all the while planning on taking you for all you've got. I HOPE that this won't be the case this time, and if it's not, they just got lucky this time. I talked with both my mom and her husband and why I felt the way I did and though they both seemed to understand, they didn't understand so much that they would do anything about it. They are so friggen worried about what others think more than their own safety! Or mine, for that matter!

After the first day/night, I was fairly comfortable with him being there - either I'm just as "stupid" or my gut said that he really is a nice guy. One thing that I DO know, and that is if they do this again, I absolutely willl NOT go there until that person is gone! Hopefully this won't be an issue again.

During dinner the first night, being suspicius that I was, I was asking him questions that should have already been asked, like, how long do you plan on staying? (because my mom says to me, "i don't know how long he's going to stay)....can you believe that? I said to my mom, "Excuse me? You don't know how long he's going to stay? Isn't it your home? Isn't it up to you and hubby to decide how long he stays?" She looked at me as if I just cussed her out! But this is how my mom is.

We ended up at the hospital this morning because my Grandma (almost 100 yrs old) somehow hurt her hip - so we stayed there with her (tho my mom had to take me to the bus before my grandma was released) - but it was a good thing I was there because my mom has a hard time understanding what the doctor says let alone remembering it. She gets anxiety - she was so worried when I had to leave early for fear that she wouldn't understand or know what to do based on results we were waiting for. I told her to call me if need be. Well they are home now - grandma is staying at my moms till tomrrow............and so on....

Anyway, I "survived" being at my mom's with a stranger. lol Heck, I was so worried that it was going to be the end of my time here on earth that I emailed my tdoc and first, told her what was happening, and then told her it was nice ot have her as my therapist for a short time and even tho I had been with another tdoc long term, she has done a good job so far...it was nice to meet you. lol I'm sure she was just rolling her eyes when she read that. lol I will see her tomrrow, so I'll find out. Sheeeeeeeeeeeesh!

Ok, thanks for all your replies and concern

Safely home,
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

ddnos responded:
OH PS - I meant to say re the first night at dinner time that things got a bit ugly because the "guest" was getting VERY defensive with every question I asked and the hubby was giving me the eye to try to get me to shut up because, it was "inappropriate" to ask the questions....questions like, what were his intentions as far as staying there - how long? and that was the only question the considered the worse. I don't remember the rest, but I was just making conversation - though yes, I was also trying to suss him out, but the questions were not personal, and I wasn't asking in an ugly tone of voice - HE was the one that was getting all defensive and then my mom and hubby were telling me "that's enough, Debbie" and so on....and I just calmly said, "I'm not asking anything inappropriate, nor was I demanding an answer - I was just asking - he's the one that had the reaction, not me" but of course, especially the hubby didn't see it that way because I was teh bad guy in the situation. The only thing I said that I shouldn't have said the whole time I was there, which was on that first night, was (directed to my mom and hubby) - "you guys are such idiots sometimes" Ooooooooooops! lol I did apologize right away, but I just couldn't believe that they couldn't see how unwise and potentially unsafe that was - but even still, I shouldn't have called them idiots. lol Sheeeesh!

But after that, everything was pretty much ok and the "guest" apologized to me a few days later for getting all defensive.

Ok, now that's all
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty replied to ddnos's response:
so glad you are ok. you gotta tell me what happens with your t today. lol

ddnos replied to slik_kitty's response:
lol yeah, eh? I wonder what she will say! lol I get to talk with my former tdoc in about an hour, so it will be good to do that before my appt later so I might have some ideas (too long to explain)

Thanks!

Debbie

ddnos replied to slik_kitty's response:
Kitty, after we sat down at therapy this afternoon, one of the first things that my tdoc said to me was, "I thought about you a LOT this week" lol Then she asked if I was ok..........I looked off into space and said that I wondered what ever could she be talking about? lol

slik_kitty replied to ddnos's response:
lol

ibex7 replied to ddnos's response:
My Pal, DDNOS,

I read you loud and clear. Please study this emoticon throughly. Nuzzles - Yer' Goat
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.