Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Latuda and Seroquel
nevets320 posted:
Is anyone taking or has taken both Latuda & Seroquel? any feedback would help

jc1975 responded:
I just started taking Latuda 2 weeks ago for Bipolar 1 and I'm not noticing any difference. My doctor added the Latuda because the Lithium was not stabilizing my severe mood swings. Keep in mind everyone responds differently to medication so your outcome will be different.

addyd replied to jc1975's response:
The pharmaceutical company has a TV ad that it is good for bipolar depression but never tells the public that it is an atypical antipsychotic. I find that desturbing.

reneegigliotti replied to addyd's response:
Why is that relevant? It doesn't make the medication any more or less effective because it's an atypical antipsychotic. Are you worried about the stigma? That's not the pharmaceutical company's concern. Their job is to research drugs that treat medical conditions. If you have a stigma issue, that's a psychotherapy problem.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Kee pyour head up
Don't let this illness bring you down. Always keep you head to the sky because someone is watching you and I. Sometimes this illness can ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.