Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Bipolar 2 Desperation
An_256805 posted:
I was diagnosed with Bipolar 2 in 2012. I have been through therapy and am currently on Lamotrigine 25MG Tablets which I take at night along with Zoloft in the morning. My mood swings are unmanageable and causing my wife to not even want to be with me anymore. She told me she can't handle the emotional rollercoaster anymore and loves me but not like she use to. HELP

ddnos responded:
Hello, sounds like maybe you need to talk with you psych doc to adjust and/or change your meds because the ones you're on don't seem to be helping much. That would be the first place I would look - I assume you are working with a psychiatrist and you've discussed this with him/her?

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty responded:
did you just start the lamotrigine? 25 mg is the starter dose that is slowly ramped up to the final dose. if that is all you are taking, then it's no wonder that your moods are out of control.

monkeybee replied to slik_kitty's response:
I was thinking the same as Kitty. I take 400mg of Lamotrigine among other meds.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Medications for BPD
Please get a second opinion if you have chronic problems with your BPD medication. I changed doctors and got a proper diagnosis from ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.