Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
A nice surprize today
reneegigliotti posted:
As I have mentioned, my psychologist has been out of town for Passover for the past 3 weeks. I won't actually see her again till next Monday. However, she called me today to check-in and see how I was doing. It was so grounding to hear from her. I'm feeling settled now and will see my psychiatrist Wednesday. I think I've done pretty well with everyone gone. I did get hypomanic for a week, but not manic. I can manage hypomania. Actually it feels pretty darn good and productive as heck at work. No first class plane tickets to the UK or anywhere else purchased. I didn't try to enlist in the IDF. No psychic abilities. I didn't throw out all my food because I believed it was poisoned by my cosmic ENEMY. No telepathic messages from the television. Not bad. My psychologist was pleased I could weather a hypomanic episode alone and have it not morph into mania. I feel pretty good right now.

ddnos responded:
Hey Congratulations! She just might have to be out of town more often if you handle it so well. lol Seriously though, good for you! You proved to yourself that you can do it, eh?

I can only hold my arm up for so long - sheeeeeeeeesh! lol

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

reneegigliotti replied to ddnos's response:
Soooo cute! Kittens get me every time. How are you? Pesach has had me out of touch.

Renee

ddnos replied to reneegigliotti's response:
me too re kittens!

How am I doing? May I plead the fifth? lol Today has not been a good day - as a matter a fact, I wouldn't mind a do over for most of the past week ...or is that two? I don't know...seems I have more bad days than good in the past 2 weeks - but not bad, BAD days. It could be worse, though. Seems much of it has been a combo of sleep and adrenaline issues (symptoms of the high adrenaline) which of course, affects my overall mood and motivation, which I've been struggling with anyway...I have to force myself to find a psych doc who could possibly have some ideas re what to do. For some reason, I've been putting off the call(s) because already discouraged about it.....I mean, not many psychs who know more than basic amount about MAOI's and so that obviously becomes a problem - but I literally CAN'T go off the MAOI (Nardil) because my body won't let me with becoming severely sick - have already tried one way 5 yrs ago and a diff way just recently. I can't do it. Even if could, I don't respond to non-maoi's.......so, my attitude isn't very good about it, making me not want to even bother - but I MUST at least give it a try. Sigh. Sorry, boring topic, I know......

Makes me start dissociating so better stop.
again, glad things went so well with yoru psychologist gone!
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

reneegigliotti replied to ddnos's response:
You are NEVER boring. I like honest answers. I hate it when I sincerely ask someone how they are and I get "fine" when you know they aren't. I feel powerless to help, or at least lend an ear. I don't know much about MAOIs. There must be psychiatrists out there who do though. It's much harder to screen a physician than a therapist, however. I have no idea how you would find out who has the knowledge base you need. Maybe a research hospital? We have a great one in my city. I have never needed to check them out, but my Dr. G did his residency there. If he needs to get information, that's where he goes.

Hugs
Renee

ddnos replied to reneegigliotti's response:
THanks, Renee! Yeah, I like honest answers best! When I get those "fine" answers when you know it's not fine, I want to smack the person upside the head so at least they won't answer "fine" anymore. lol Of course, figuratively speaking re the smack upside the head. lol

Re how I plan on finding a psych doc with MAOI knowledge is that I have a list of pdocs to call. When I call (the first on my list is the most likely to have knowledge) I will let the secretary (or whoever) answers that I have some questions for the pdoc first before making the appt, and either they put me through to his vmail or write a note to give him. Either way, one of the two will get back to me with the answer that will tell me if he is a hopeful candidate for me. My situation is a bit tricky, so they have to know more than just MAOI's, but that is the primary thing. So we'll see. I have to MAKE myself call today or I'm going to smack myself upside the head and it may not be figuratively speaking either! lol

I have been up all night, but good reason - (ok, bad reason lol) I slept half of yesterday and then didn't get out after that. So my body protested against any more sleep last night, and I agreed! The crazy thing is that I will still need to take a Provigil later this morning to insure that I won't sleep late morning or early afternoon. I've been doing really good about not having to take any of that for the past 2 months, so I am Ok with taking it today. You would think I wouldn't have to given my sleep pattern yesterday and last night, but I know how my body works and 9 of 10, I would have a problem staying awake today at some point. I HATE that!

Anyway, hope you had/have a good day!

Hugs
Debbie

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
112 of 129 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.