Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Another Visit make me crazy
ddnos posted:
Got back from 4 night visit to my moms last monday and hav to go again this week thursday. Sigh! I didn't know it was so soon after last visit, but we are having a 100th bday party for my grandma this sunday and I hav to be at my mom's a few days early to help her and my grandma with somethings; otherwise, i would just get a ride from my sis there on sunday. I'm already feeling overwhelmed at thought of going there, but it's the thought beforehand that's the worse - it's usually not so bad most of the time other than it's chaotic, and I don't do chaos very well. Been slowly working on mom issues in therapy last 2 sessions and will continue this wed, so just a bit overload....all of it was there before, but just coming up closer to the surface now, which isuppoes is why im starting to dissociat bit now. oh my weird. yu see them weird screen too? it waving it is. ok, i think thats my q to go. ok, i dind finish what i was sayen but can't so bye.
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

bpcookie responded:
Hey Doodles Dahling, I feel for ya hun. Is your mom still married to that *guy*? Hopefully you can get through this visit with out much stress.

Ya know what I do to avoid stress at my families houses? I just don't go there. LOL. No way, no how. Too much drama.

You take care g/f. muahs
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

monkeybee responded:
I hope it is less stressful and chaotic than you are anticipating.

ddnos replied to bpcookie's response:
lol Cookie,I wish I could do that, ie. don't go there - not an option!

Yes, my mom is still married to that "guy"! She will be married to him until one of them passes on! Sometimes I can tune him out and other times, I can't. I could say a lot more, but I won't. lol I'm being a good girl instead. lol

Good to see you!
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

ddnos replied to monkeybee's response:
Hey there Monkeybee! Good to see you again!

Re hoping for less stress and chaos when I'm at my mom's....well, thank you, but I've learned that when I go there, there's no such thing! I just learn how to live with it without going entirely crazy, and then crash when I get home! Seems that oftentimes the day after I get home from visiting, I spend most of the day in bed recovering! Pretty sad!

Thanks again!
Debbie

backwoodsdiva replied to ddnos's response:
Hey Debbie.
Wow I know how you feel. Well best I can anyway. I get nervous before a family gatherings. The days before are like a build up of tension. I find myself imagining all these different scenarios of how things will go. They are good people but sometimes a few are no so nice. And the noise and talking over each other makes me have to leave the room every now and then.

ddnos replied to backwoodsdiva's response:
Yeah, sometimes family can be difficult - and of course, the degree of difficulty I'm sure depends a lot on history with that family and its effects on me.

I visit my mom every month for typically 4 nights, and due to the crazy dynamics of her home, it can be stressful; but even worse, it triggers my own issues with my mom. That triggering has been more intense the past few months, which is making it harder. I've been working with my therapist on that, but the pain is so deep that unfortunately, it's not one of those 1-session fixes. lol Darn!

Anyway, families do give us our share of opportunities to grow, eh? Sigh!

Debbie

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 126 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.