Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Really BAD dream!!!!! trigger
bpcookie posted:
Have you ever had a nightmare that you just couldn't get it out of your mind?

Last night I had this dream about my dog Cookie, the one that passed away in 2009. In my dream I found her at the bottom of the pool, dead. I tried swimming to her but I was swimming so slow. I finally picked her up in my arms, I held her close to me and I started wailing and screaming. I was actually screaming out loud and thats what woke me up. That picture of her in that pool is in my mind and I cant get it out. It makes me cry.

Ive had many dreams about her falling in the pool but every time I save her, but not this time.

How do you get such an awful picture out of your head??? Im so sorry to be so graphic, but I just needed to write it all down.
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

mercygive responded:
I started to have nightmares about Ray getting run over by cars and I can't run fast enough to save her and I just die inside. I love her and I don't want to lose her. Why do we have terrible nightmares about those we love?

The nightmares I can't let go of are about snakes crawling all over me, I can't move or breathe in my dream and I wake up screaming.
A little yoga goes a long way

bpcookie replied to mercygive's response:
Mercy hun, thanks for replying. I thought my post would be too triggering for anyone to reply.

I guess we have the nightmares about the ones we love because we are so afraid to lose them. Thats just my guess.

So sorry to hear that you have terrible dreams too. When we go to sleep at night, we should have nice fantasy dreams but instead, nightmares. big hugs honey
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

mercygive replied to bpcookie's response:
It's okay...you put a trigger in the title.

Cookie, I thought of this after I posted yesterday. You have a pool and I drive a lot. Wonder if we have a fear that something will happen to ourselves in the pool or in the car, or we are noticing that we don't do things as well as we used to (or react as quickly as we used to) and we are projecting that sense of vulnerability onto our animals. Just a thought as NUTTY as that is. Be careful swimming and I'll drive cautiously. Muahs!!!
A little yoga goes a long way

bpcookie replied to mercygive's response:
When my dog Cookie got older, she used to fall in the pool quite a bit and we would have to fish her out. It got to the point where we would have to walk between her and the pool. I guess I was terrified that she would drown. Ever since we had to put our dog Cookie to sleep, I have had the fear the my new dog Chewy, would pass away. Im so paranoid and fearful of losing her. Any noise she makes in the middle of the night, I jump up and check on her. So I figure thats why Im having bad dreams.

But I will be careful in the pool. Glad you will be careful driving. muahs

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
108 of 125 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.