Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Im So Sad
bpcookie posted:
Hi guys, My *pain* came back and Im miserable once again. The surgery I had done took care of about 40% of the pain. Things were good. I went on vacation for the first time in 4 yrs and my pain was minimal but not its back full force. My Dr. wont try anything else until after summer because he said that the heat makes my pain worse. Im having to lay in bed which causes my back and neck pain to act up. WHY WHY WHY?

I don't want to spend my life in bed with each day passing me by. I feel so sad today.

Muahs
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

ibex7 responded:
Please find some hope, Cookie.

You may recall my accidental collision with the vacuum cleaner on the stairs. Two weeks after, my chest and shoulder pain was surprisingly present. Seizing the chance at my annual physical, I pleaded with my primary doc to order a few x-rays of the painful area. The report is that several muscular contusions will remain for six weeks and that Ice packs as needed will help. Hugs and my best wishes for your comfort. Thinking of you often. - goat
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

ddnos responded:
Hi Cookie, I'm sorry that the pain is coming back full force and I hope that this is just a temporary set-back and will get better soon!

In the meantime - we need to figure out a way to keep your back and neck as comfortable as possible because you don't need both pains acting up! When you lay down, do you put pillows under your knees so as to keep your back more flat? Also, using a pillow for your neck that goes right under the small of your neck is better support while laying donw. Doing those 2 things could help so that your back and neck don't get as sore while having to lay down.

Anyway, you hang in there and know that it has gotten better before and can get better again!

Hugs
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty responded:
hugs cookie. so sorry it has come back.

bpcookie replied to ibex7's response:
Oh Goat, your such a nice person. I have been using lots of ice. I guess I live in the wrong state if I want to be cool, Az. is way too hot for my pain issue. Thanks

p.s. stay away from vacuums.
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

bpcookie replied to ddnos's response:
Hi Debbie Doodles Dahling, Yup, I put pillows under my knees but I do need to get a small pillow for under my neck.

Thanks for the good wishes and always being here for me. muah

bpcookie replied to slik_kitty's response:
Thanks Slik, hugs right back at ya.

ibex7 replied to bpcookie's response:
Two little ideas (that work for me, a constant back pain sufferer). 1( Keep your spine in an S-shape.) A rolled up blanket beneath the small of your back. Sitting or "laying on your liver", will increase back tension.
2( Same for your neck). instead of proping up your head (for like when you watch TV, use a flater pillow to neutralize the sharp angle between your head and shoulders.

Within 30 minutes I am able to relax and sleep without having TV solve my boredom. Sweet dreams, Sweetie. - goat
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

bpcookie replied to ibex7's response:
Your a smart Goat. Thanks for the suggestions.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 126 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.