Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
My Mom
ddnos posted:
Well, it looks like my mom is going to have to have surgery. She has aortic valve stenosis and with her last test, a week ago, the results say that the valve has gotten much worse than last test - with this, i guess the heart's aortic valve narrows and obstructs the flow of blood from the heart to the rest of the body. So, the surgeon either repairs the valve or replaces it. My mom won't find out until possibly the end of this week (if they can fit her in sooner). Hopefully they can so I can go to the appt with her because she won't remember anything.

Anyway, there's so much going on re my mom - I mean, there was already more than enough, and now there's this too.

Just sharing
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty responded:
aww hugs. hope all goes well.

ddnos replied to slik_kitty's response:
Thanks, Kitty. I called my mom this morning to remind her to call her cardiologist about getting in to see him sooner. She had just got up, so will call after she has something to eat. She's been sleeping much later than normal for her lately. A couple weeks ago, she slept until about 1:30 p.m.!! That's totally unheard of for her! Her husband couldn't even wake her up! She overslept on Sunday and missed church, and she just got up about 10 a.m. today. But from reading about aortic valve stenosis, that's one of the common symptoms of the valve narrowing. I'm still not too impressed that it was her GP that called her and not her cardiologist! The GP gets reports from other appts my mom has, so she called simply from getting the report. I'm not a happy camper about that! I'm hoping my mom can get in to see her cardiologist today - except for the fact that I can't be there with her to be her ears and memory. I reminded my mom of a digital voice recorder taht she has and to bring that - but she said she doesn't remember what it is and I'm sure she would ahve a hard time using it anyway. But maybe she'll find it and her husband can figure out how to use it. I couldn't trust that my mom will relay me the correct information about what the doctor said - even if he says they need to set up surgery, she wouldn't totally remember. Sigh.

I just rambled again, didn't I? lol Sorry

Thanks again
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

ibex7 replied to ddnos's response:
Hugs ddnos,
And best wishes for your mom and hopes you feel better when you get a good report on her. - Yer Goat
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

ddnos responded:
Well, Kitty and Goat,

My mom called and 1) got an early appt for this Thursday, which is good, because I will be there to go with her, and 2) that dimwit of a doctor of hers who told my mom that there was a BIG change in test from last year to this was wrong! THe nurse at the cardiologist office told her that there wasn't much change! Grrrrrrrrrr! But we will find out all the details on thursday, including whether or not she will need surgery.

I don't understand why her GP could make such mistake from reading on the results itself? Hmmmmmm I mean, she even made special call to my mom to tell her! Sheeeeeeeesh!

Ok, need to finish getting ready to get the growth on my right cheek removed - well hopefully they remove it today! Hopefully it's not cancerous - it's been growing and half of it is changing color, i.e. brown - the other half is white.

Gotta run
Debbie

monkeybee replied to ddnos's response:
Hi Debbie,

I glad it's not as bad as the gp said. How ridiculous that she gave her the wrong information to begin with! I hope everything goes well with her appointment. Also, sorry about your cheek! I hope things go well for you as well as for your mom.

Sarah

skypper replied to ddnos's response:
Sending Lots of hugs and loves and the best if wishes for your moms health
~Sky~
I had to fight like hell and fighting like hell has made me what I am.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.