Skip to content


Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
emmett1975 posted:
Hi. I have been in a relationship for about two years now with a women who is bipolar. We have had an amazing time in the beginning. But the past three months have really been a downer. She left me a couple of days ago. I am toatally crushed. I hounestly have done eveything for this women Love, compation, i do almost all house chores, support her financially and the list goes on..... For three months ago she has stoped including me in her life saying she must have her private time. I mean alot. She has become very irrecposible with money. NO SEX LIFE. Super quite and distant. I brought these problems up and a few times during these months and the last time was about a week ago. She says that she feels that she loves me but also that she will never be enough for me and that makes her sad. I love this women so much and i am not ready to give up or let her give up if its not what she really wants. My question is does this sound like it has to do with bipolar? Can sombody PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Thank you for reading
slik_kitty responded:
it could be bipolar or it could be life changes. only her doctor can say for sure.
ibex7 replied to slik_kitty's response:
Though it doesn't occur as often, male breast cancer does happen. Luckily my Dad saw a Meddoc and had a small lump removed which was non-cancerous. He had no further symptoms. Good results for you.
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
73 of 97 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.