Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
possible psychotic symptoms *graphic language* help...
ladylightning14 posted:
have bipolar disorder I/NOS (dr's on the fence basically) and my new therapist thinks I have psychosis.

i have been seeing smoke lately in my room, like when you blow a candle out. this was yesterday. before that i heard people arguing in my brothers room next door, but no one was in there. i also saw a cat in my car rustling around but it was actually just a bag laying there.

also, my last depressive episode i was severely severely depressed. i kept having horrible things in my brain like someone shouting HURT YOURSELF, CUT YOURSELF, RIP YOUR EARRINGS OUT OF YOUR EARS, STAB YOURSELF, etc. over and over. it was the only thing in my head. it was so loud and it wasn't controllable. it was insane.

in june 2013 i had a severe self harm incident where i was in an altered state of mind and cut myself and was sent to the ER. i had no control over what i was doing. i just was full of rage and grabbed a knife and started hacking. the second i saw the raw fat coming out of my arm i snapped out of my trance.

i'm worried, idk what's wrong. i'm 25. i've had hypnopompic hallucinations before for years so i know what it's like to hallucinate, but i've heard those are normal. they've never "seeped" into my normal-houred life though. and these depressive episodes where i hear the shouting to hurt myself, or the rage trances... i've never had that before june... is this bipolar with psychosis?? or schizoaffective?? or what???

ladylightning14 responded:
TRIGGER**** sorry forgot it!!!

slik_kitty responded:
that is something for your doctor to say. welcome to the board.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.