irritated by webmd menopause s/b
bpcookie posted:
Dont get me wrong, Im not at all irritated at webmd or the staff, they have wonderful support boards. Yesterday I went to the menopause support board, introduced myself as a newbie, had questions about perimenopause and I have yet to recieve any replies. I cant believe it. On this support board we welcome newbies, give them support, answer questions. Also 99% of posts will recieve a reply on this board. Im so lost, I have no clue about perimenopause, but nobody there will help me. Also there is another girl who is bipolar, she wrote a post yesterday and received one reply. Again today she writes another post and I was the only one who replied to that one. I just dont understand, why wont ppl reply to me? Is it because Im a newbie, Im not one of their buddies? gggrrrrrr
FirstPrevious12NextLast

mc1003 responded:
I just think that some of the boards are much slower than other, and less responsive, like people just go there to ask questions but there aren't really "board residents" like we have here...anyways that's just my opinion.

bpcookie responded:
thanks honey. At least we get replies here eh?

mc1003 responded:
yes we do, cuz we are a loving bunch, hugs

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Awww we are a loving bunch. Some boards take a bit before they chime in. Give it some time but don't take it personally!

bpcookie responded:
Hi ya chrissy honey, thanks for the reply. Im just having some probs. lately. You know, bipolar and perimenopause just doesnt mix well. So Im impatient. hugs

Dorothea_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hey Cookie,

Yeah, mc1003 is right, some boards are just not very active and the menopause board is one of them. Please don't take it personally. I'm glad to see you posted to someone else there - if anyone can breathe some life into that board, it's you!

While you are waiting for an answer you might want to read Menopause and Perimenopause Overview and explore other articles in our Menopause Center.

I can tell you that when I was perimenopausal that I found RemiFemin very helpful. It's an over the counter black cohosh preparation, but I wouldn't take it without running it past your pdoc first. I have read that black cohosh has been shown to be not helpful, but they can't prove that by me or several of my friends. I know others in addition to myself who found this particular brand quite helpful. But again, don't mix anything in with your current meds without checking with your pdoc first; I'm sure you know that.

(((hugs)))

Dorothea

bpcookie responded:
Dorothea, you cant imagine how happy I was when I saw your reply to this post. I wrote RemiFemin down and will ask my pdoc. I feel so alone in this perimenopause, I dont know what to expect, or what to do about the terrible things Im going through now. Thanks for the info hun, its very much apreciated.

hugs

Cookie

Sugafrog responded:
hi, i've posted to couple different boards and either no response (talk about rejection) or delayed reponses. Wish I could help you out about the perimenopause, but not there yet. DR. thought I was going thru it a couple years ago, but i wasn't. Good luck on your quest

Northernpolar responded:
Cookie, I agree 100% with mc's opinion. You may have already received an answer before I even finished this posting.? And as always.....

All the best,

Steve

bpcookie responded:
Suga, thank you sweety.

bpcookie responded:
Steve, nah, havent received any reply yet, but Im hopeful. But I have noticed that the board is quite slow. *shrug*

Dorothea_WebMD_Staff responded:
Cookie, one other thing I should have mentioned - there is a blood test a doctor can do to find out if you are in perimenopause or not. I don't know whether your pdoc would do that. Do you have an ob-gyn or family doctor? That would be the one to ask if your pdoc doesn't do that.

It was following that blood test that my doctor recommended the RemiFemin because she said a number of her patients had found it helpful, and she was right on target for me.

Good luck!

Dorothea

hereinmyhead responded:
[[[[[tracey>>>>>> I've soooooo missed you!!! Sorry I haven't been around much. (stupid internet)

My first question is whether or not it's a very active board in the first place. After my nightmarish experience with the epi shots, I went into a posting frenzy, because I was sure I was dying from the pain. This board, as always, was wonderfully supportive. I also posted on 2 others, the back pain one and the chronic pain one. The first, the one you replied to me at too, I got lots of responses, but the other I got zilch. Nada. I was a little bugged by that, but then I noticed that it wasn't much of a hoppin' board anyway, and most of the discussions that had replies only had maybe 1 or 2. If that board is really active though, and they think they are too 'special' to even reply to you, then I will go smack them down for ya, because you're awesome and it's THEY'RE loss if they're being snooty cuz you're a newbie!!!

I love you, baby!!!

Susie

Topaz03 responded:
I think this is a super active and friendly board and mabey we are used that? menopause..........ugh, NOT looking forward to that. I heard about peri menapause......that's the beginning of it? I'm sure I'm right behind you with it because I think we are the same age.......Hope you get some answers soon. Don't take it personally, hugs