Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
diagnosis number?
ebayaddict posted:
I was just wondering how many diagnoses people had. I have four and it may soon become five. My pdoc wants to medicate all of them. So, I was just wondering how many you guys have and if you think there is a number that is too many.

maddie8415 responded:
Well, I've had two and I believe both to be accurate for the time periods.
From about 14 I was diagnosed with depression.
at 19 diagnosed with bipolar because I had a very clear episode of hypomania followed by major depression. Since then I've had episodes have been more of a full on manic mature so I don't think my doctors bother trying to classify me as I or II.

maddie8415 replied to maddie8415's response:
  • nature
  •  
    chittybangbang replied to maddie8415's response:
    I have three Bipolar 1,schizoid effective, and anxiety disorder.
    I believe it is inherited and it is in the genes of either parent or sibling and or anscestors as well. it is also, biological and hereditery as well. usaully, it runs in the family. Or, the person diagnosed with it first could usually be the first and so fourth.

maddie8415 replied to maddie8415's response:
    Oh silly me I def have general/social anxiety disorder and panic disorder. Niiiiice.

maddie8415 replied to chittybangbang's response:
    yeah this stuff does run in families. There is immense depression in my family on both sides and my great aunt is obviously bipolar....heard that it often skips generations. and even if the gene is active in someone they might not develop bipolar, it depends on things like environment, traumatic events, stress, and personality. I find it all very interesting. and I find myself quite unlucky!

slik_kitty responded:
    have 3 now, but it was more years ago. so now it is bp2, ptsd and did.

snowyowl33 responded:
    I have 3 dx's but I only take meds for 1 and that's the BP1 ultra rapid cycling...and I take 4 meds for that....

Snowy

hereinmyhead responded:
    I have bp1 w psychotic tendencies, adhd, developmental dyscalculia, ocd, anxiety/panic, many phobias including claustrophobia and agoraphobia, and a seizure disorder nos.

I didn't know they were each their own "diagnosis" until just a few months ago. I thought I only had the ADHD and bipolar. I thought most of the others listed were either part of the bipolar, or just annoying personality quirks, and that the dyscalculia was part of the ADHD, which it's not exactly, but in the same family I guess. I didn't know "can't learn math" had an actual name. LOL

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
    Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.