Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
REturning to the board help
ducky200318 posted:
I use to be on here alot forever ago. I dont know if anyone remembers me but I need alittle help, i have a new diagnosis of borderline personality disorder and its fits i think i just need help im trying to use my DBT skills and use the EMDR to stop the urges to cut but they are there and growing stronger. can anyone help?

bpcookie responded:
Hey Ducky honey, its so good to see you again. I have borderline personality disorder also, but I dont have the urge to cut, so Im not much help. Im so sorry sweetie. big hugs

slik_kitty responded:
good to see you again ducky. i don't have bpd, but i am a self harmer and understand all too well fighting those urges. here are some things you can try. hold an ice cube very tightly in your hand. take a red marker and draw where you want to cut, instead of cutting there. although try it with a marker that isn't permanent, lol. put a rubber band around your wrist, and any time you feel the urge, snap it. good luck. also, come on here and talk if you feel the urge again and maybe we can help. there is a self harm board on webmd. i can't remember if you were over there too before.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

new
hello everyone.. new to this..hope to talk to others who knows how it is having bipolar. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.