Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Not sure what to say on this post
Vintage13 posted:
I want to thank everyone who was nice and responded to me with such kind words. I wish I could paint a rosy picture and say that everything has gotten better for me and that I'm not suicidal right now. To tell the truth, I still have my plan worked out and the timing. Please don't let me upset anyone here, although that seems to be my lot in life, to upset anyone I'm around. I'm not strong enough to beat this and understand now why my uncle took his life. I'm not posting this to get anyone rilled up but as a last post. Thank you webmd for trying to help. Thank you everyone else for the same.

bpcookie responded:
Oh sweet heart, Pls pls pls call and get help. Call the crisis line, go to the ER, check yourself into the hospital. DONT DO IT.

Ive tried suicide before and thank God Im alive today. I am so glad I lived. I wouldnt have seen my daughter growing up or spent so many years with my dear husband.

Dont give up, dont let this thing beat you. Stay strong, get help.

Pls sweetie, many of us have been where you are now and we pulled out of it. You can do it to. Think about your family, pls.

I will pray for you. love Cookie

snowyowl33 responded:
Hi Vintage,

Sorry things are feeling so rough for you right now. There is a crisis link here on webmd to the left of this page. Why not give them a call and talk to someone about what your going through? reach out and get the help you deserve. Sometimes it's easier to talk to someone you don't know about what's going on and get a fresh perspective on things.

Can you call your pdoc or tdoc?

It may seem like every things hopeless right now, but ithey're really not.... but you need someone to help you realize that. Suicide is not the answer, and as Cookie said, many of us have been there and are here today to fight for another day.

Reach out to those who can help you, or support you now during this time. If things feel hopeless, call 911 , they will help you .... or go to the ER and talk to someone there...

please let us know how your doing.. your always welcome here!

hugs
Snowy
Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out (only author I know was the one who wrote it on the bathroom stall....Anon)

slik_kitty responded:
so you want to do the same thing to your family that your uncle has done by commiting suicide? that isn't the answer. it leaves all your questions unanswered and creates even more for those left behind. please get help and do not go through with this. your life is precious, not something to be thrown away.

bipolargal responded:
Things can get better for you. If you get some good therapy and on the right meds, your life can greatly improve.

You are going through a real rough spot right now, but life is always a series of ups and downs, and you need to ride out the down, and wait for the next up.

Please take the advice that the others are giving you.
If you fall off that swing and break your legs, don't come running to me. author unknown

snowyowl33 responded:
Vintage?
It's a number of hours later, how are you doing today?? I hope your feeling a bit better... please let us know..

Hugs
Snowy
Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out (only author I know was the one who wrote it on the bathroom stall....Anon)

mommaange1 responded:
Vintage, talk to us honey and let us know how you are. I hope for your sake you decided to call someone to help you right here and now. Its a hard step realizing you need help but everyone goes thru the same thing, trying to tackle things themselves. Let others help that is what they are there for...just for you. Please let us know you are ok.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Need some advice...
I am 32 with a wonderful family and just found out that I am bipolar. 20 days ago they left me due to one of my outburst. I need them back ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.