Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Help Needed for Bipolar Disorder Research
VickiAS posted:
Hi Everyone,
My name is Vicki Smith and I am currently researching the link between creativie eminence and bipolarity through Swinburne University, Australia.

This study aims to ascertain why these two concepts co-occur so reliabily as well as some of the triggers asssociated with highly creative behaviour and bipolarity.

Please help by participating in an online survey at this link: http://opinio.online.swin.edu.au/s?s=8216

Participating is completely anonymous and unaffected family members and those suffering with bipolar are encouraged to participate.

Thank you very much for your help.

Warm Regards,

Vicki Smith

IrwinsLady responded:
if you have questions just ask here. we dont bite.
-Life is what you make it. So make every moment count as if it were you last.

hereinmyhead responded:
Hi Vicki,

I'm not sure there is a connection, seeing as how so many without bipoalar are also amazingly creative, but I really wouldn't know either...just a hunch.
I'll gladly do your survey within the next day or so, but first I need to know if you can stop, save and restart. I read the introduction on your link, but that option didn't seem to be mentioned (or if it was, then I will re-read in a little while). I have some spinal injures and recently had surgery, so 45 min is more than I'm able to sit here in one stretch.

Regards,
Susie

hope7951 responded:
Thank you, Vickie. I've always been interested in this ascpect as both bipolar and artistic temperment run so heavility in my family. Thank you for this opportunity.
You become what you think about...

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 126 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.