Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Monday Morning Checkin
tofargone posted:
All Friends Monday Morning Check in

Good Morning everyone hope you all had a good weekend and all are doing well.

Weather: cool for los angeles

Sleep: Sleep on and off total of about 5 hours

Mood: bla bla bla Med not working

Plans: call pdoc and find out whats wrong

Anything else: Just waiting for call from pdoc

Interesting fact: In Singapore, it is illegal to sell or own chewing gum.

Word of the day: Spatchcock === To prepare and roast (a fowl) in this manner.

And yes if you are wonder I have to much time on my hands

Have a great day everyone

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. [Mahatma Gandhi]

hereinmyhead responded:
Good morning all (possible triggers),

First let me say that although I haven't responded much, either here or via email, that I appreciate all of the thoughts and wishes that have been expressed. It means more than you may ever know. As for myself today:

Weather - "ONLY" supposed to get to 95 today...not the usual triple digits, so I'll take it.
Sleep - none other than catnaps for the last week.
Mood - sad and only sad...losing my sister has been so hard to take
Plans - supposed to go to my day program today, but not sure yet if I can...not up to going much of anywhere.

My fact of the day: Gustave Eiffel, designer of the Eiffel Tower, enjoyed a successful career as an architect despite having dyslexia and a paralyzing fear of heights.

melly2210 responded:
Weather: we're past frying eggs on the pavement and it's only gonna get hotter

Sleep: Bout 4 hours but I'm going to go back to bed

Mood: kind of stable. Seroquel or the huge dose of depakote seems to have done it's job save a few really bad dizzy spells here and there

Plans: call about ads for selling the kids furniture

Anything else: still trying to make that final decision and leaning towards the tent city....simply because of the services and my need to be a social person

Quote of the day: Sometimes what seems like surrender isn't surrender at all. It's about what's going on in our hearts. About seeing clearly the way life is and accepting it and being true to it, whatever the pain, because the pain of not being true to it is far, far greater. -- Nicholas Evans

Song of the Day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe71zCA5xFQ&playnext=1&videos=qyZsQ0p4WmE&feature=grec_index
Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

bpcookie responded:
Goodmorning Beeper darlings,

Weather will be another hot day and probably humid as well.

Sleep: Slept well

Mood: not quite sure. Yesterday I was on the sensitive side, today I hope Im floating in the middle.

Plans: Pdoc apt., may have to cancel if my asthma starts to get bad again. Supposed to stop by a place called Pete and Macs Recreational Resort for Pets. They called me Sat. and said that they picked my dog Chewy as their dog of the month. Her pic. is on the wall in the main lobby. I take her there once a week for doggy day care. Also the plumber will be coming out, something in one of our toilets broke. fun fun.

Anything else: not that I can think of.

Interesting fact: The common goldfish is the only animal that can see both infra-red and ultra-violet light.

Another Cookie moment : I had a cute pond out on my porch, I went out to feed my Gold fish, I had one, and it was gone. No where to be seen, disappeared. Cat took it or bird. who knows. So I made a copy of a pic of a Gold fish and wrote:

Reward

Lost Gold Fish

Gold with big fat eyes

Comes to the name Fred

If seen please call........

And yes, I really did do that

Have a nice day. muahs
I can't be bothered with a cell phone in my car....I am too busy making finger gestures at everyone!!!-Maxine

bpcookie replied to hereinmyhead's response:
Susie darling, so good to see you again. I will be seeing you in person on Sunday? or can you do Friday, during the day? Let me know if Friday or Sunday is the best.

So sorry about your sister. I can only imagine losing someone and not even knowing about it because nobody called you. Get lots of rest sweetie pie. hugs and lots of muahs
I can't be bothered with a cell phone in my car....I am too busy making finger gestures at everyone!!!-Maxine

snowyowl33 responded:
Morning everyone! Here it's a holiday, so just enjoying that!

Weather: Humid, hot, sunny and sticky.... drip drip
Sleep: tossed and turned a lot again.....but ok

Mood: Fabulous with a tinge or irritability

Plans: Chill out...... and read a good book!

Interesting fact: Even the occasional use of alcohol can have a significant impact on sleep and dreaming. Alcohol slows activity in the cortex, which causes a person to sink into a deep, slow-wave sleep rather than experiencing REM sleep... so there you go....

Cookie, you are too funny! Hope your goldfish is returned.. maybe a reward??

Have a super day everyone!
Hugs
Snowy
One good thing about being senile is you can hide your own Easter eggs! :)

tofargone replied to melly2210's response:
Hello melly2210

I just listened to you song and I like it. To me it reminds all of us the freedom that we take for granted. Nice song.

ddnos replied to hereinmyhead's response:
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Susie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} you are and have been in my thoughts - don'ot worry about replying to emails right now -just do what you can do

Love
Debbie
"When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others."

margaroo replied to hereinmyhead's response:
((((((((((Susie))))))))))))))

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. You have been through so much lately, and then this......

Sending you many thoughts, prayers and hugs,

Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

tofargone replied to hereinmyhead's response:
Hello hereinmyhead are you new to this board? If you are welcome. I'm kinda new I been here for about a month. I have been a member for a couple of months but I just recently started talking to people. Welcome and if you been here a while Welcome anyway. One more thing I am sorry for your loss I hope you heal quickly. I lost my dad 10 years ago and its still hard sometimes. Well that it for now feel better and get well.

tofargone

ddnos responded:
Weather - cool

Sleep - good, but half and half

Mood - great

Plans - go to post office to mail packages to siblings, pick up meds, cancel fitness club memebership temporariy, go to the hospital to pick up some things of my dads, go for a walk

Anything else: life is good

Interesting fact - The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
"When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others."

margaroo replied to ddnos's response:
Good morning everyone, I'mmmmm baaaack!

Weather: It is a picture postcard day here in LA-LA Land. (Get it, LA for Los Angeles?) Yeah, I know that is pretty lame.

Sleep: My daughter and my son spent the night, such a rare treat and I was really excited. Hard time getting to sleep.

Mood: Good, but a bit distracted.

Plans: I've got to order the wedding invitations today so they get out on time. Then off to Costco and for acupuncture tonight.

I've had a muscle spasm and pain in my right upper back and shoulder. This is near one of the trigger point from my fibromyalgia, but I finally figured out what it is. It is from spending hours on end at the computer looking at things for the wedding. I was going through websites with my daughter to pick out an invitation. I got a basic idea what she liked, but this morning I wanted to log on to show her 3 different styles to choose from. She told me to pick what I wanted. I was no bridezilla when I got married, but I liked making my own choices. I can't even fathom letting someone make these decisions for my wedding, but I am happy to do it.

Susie - Sending more hugs.

Sparkle - Congratulations of being the mom of a poster girl! Re: Fred - I would bring over a gold fish and ask for the reward.

Interesting fact: A recent study at Harvard has shown that eating chocolate can actually help yo live longer. That is all the evidence I need, it is off to See's Candy for me!

Given the fact above, Snowy will live forever.

Hugs to all,

Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

bpcookie replied to tofargone's response:
Hey Tofar, no she isnt new, been here for quite a long time. But she only checks in once in a while. Ive known her for years and had a chance to meet her last year. We had a great time and I will be seeing her again in a week. She is a real sweet heart and a true friend.

Im sorry to hear about your father hun, losing someone is extremely hard. I lost my dog over a year ago, her name was Cookie. Although some wouldnt see her as being human, I always did. I thought of her as my child. So I know the pain you and everyone else who have lost a loved one is feeling. hugs

bpcookie replied to margaroo's response:
Hey Maggie honey, so sorry about your muscle spasms, they are so painful. Hope you will be taking it easy today. Just sit back and rest sweetie. muahs

bpcookie replied to bpcookie's response:
Mood: Im in a good mood, cant be happier. Tomorrow Im going in to have a Versa Spray Tan, it will last over a week. Totally cool. I can now avoid the sun in order to have a nice tan for my vacation.

Also I need to pack. Im getting excited to leave on vacation. wwoohhhoooo. Anyone want to come along?

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.