Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Hello strangers!
gertrude421965 posted:
Well, I know I've been gone from here for a very long time. Joining the Board of Directors for the Little League took up way more of my time than I could have imagined. My position was to run the Concession Stand. I really thought it was going to be a huge pain in my butt, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. I could use it to put my control issues and organizational skills to good use! LOL!

DD's softball team did really well this season 10-4 for their record! She also made All-Stars and they went 1-2. After that her and I went home to IL for a visit. It goes too fast as always, trying to see and visit with friends and family. Now DH is gone on his vacation for two weeks-yea! I have been busy with a garage sale, and cleaning-all the things I couldn't get done over the past several months.

Today I am feeling very sad. I found out a friend from home is driving her DD out to CA, and drove right thru here and couldn't stop for 5 minutes to see me. Who does that? I think about all the things I do for people and no one can ever seem to pay back any consideration.

Well, now that my life seems to have slowed down a bit, I hope to be able to join you all more often. I hope everyone is well. Love & friendship, Gert
FirstPrevious12NextLast

bpcookie responded:
OMG GGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have NO idea how often I think of you. Ive been wondering how you have been doing and of course I have missed you dearly.

Dont be such a stranger g/f. love ya. muah
I can't be bothered with a cell phone in my car....I am too busy making finger gestures at everyone!!!-Maxine

hope7951 responded:
Hey, Gert! So glad to see you back....and you sound great. Did you ever take that pottery class? Hey, I made an informational exchange with lots of tips and stuff in one place. It is at: http://exchanges.webmd.com/bipolar-wellness . You might enjoy something there. Again, hugs
You become what you think about...

gertrude421965 replied to bpcookie's response:
(((Cookie))) I got your card and have saved it in my desk and have meant to reply. Life is just too messy sometimes and I get so distracted.

How are you doing?

gertrude421965 replied to hope7951's response:
(((Hope))) Thank you! I did take that pottery class-and come to find out I'm not very good at it! LOL! I did manage to make a few small bowls to put rings and things in them, and sent a few out to family and friends-for like votive cups or q-tip storage.

Thanks for the website. I keep all my newsletters you send. How are things?

bpcookie replied to gertrude421965's response:
My Bipolar is groovy, but having chronic back pain issues along with my asthma too. Asthma is horrible lately.

Everything else is going good. Im a happy person.
I can't be bothered with a cell phone in my car....I am too busy making finger gestures at everyone!!!-Maxine

hope7951 replied to gertrude421965's response:
I'm doing good. Caring for my mom more. You missed a storm-a -night summer here complete with electrical black outs 8 nights in a row plus plenty of flash floods. I always pictured you doing more free- form sculptures, squeezing the clay and shaping it like your mountains and trees. Glad you enjoy the newsletter. I've gotten lots of business and enjoy gathering tidbits that anyone can use. So good to see you back! ( BTW, how is your back??)
You become what you think about...

skypper responded:
So good to hear from you!!!!
I'm selfish,impatient

ddnos responded:
Hey Gert! Great to hear from you! I have often wondered where you were, if you were Ok, and if you'd be back...so happy to know you are doing well!

Welcome back!

Debbie
"When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others."

slik_kitty responded:
gert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're baaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gertrude421965 replied to hope7951's response:
There was only one storm when we were home, but plenty of humidity! It's actually been humid out here a few days as well. I like the idea of sculpture, etc... Maybe someday I can take one of those classes?

The back is doing pretty well. It's mostly my hips-with the fluid and arthritis.

So glad to hear you are getting business thru your newsletters-good for you!

gertrude421965 replied to skypper's response:
Hey lady! How are you?

gertrude421965 replied to ddnos's response:
Doodle-bug! Sorry to make you wonder. How are things with you?

gertrude421965 replied to slik_kitty's response:
(((Kitty))) How is my favorite feline?

IrwinsLady replied to gertrude421965's response:
Hi I dont think Ive met you yet. Im Taylor and welcome back.
-Life is what you make it. So make every moment count as if it were you last.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.