Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
no job, no insurance, no dr., no way to get help?
mindismycontroller posted:
hello. this is hard, but i do not know what to do. i have a beautiful wife, 3 animals i consider children, a mostly loving family, and a place to call home. i have been going through this up and down mind control game for about ten years now(meaning, in a way my brain is in control of my actions without my consent-if that makes any sense to who may read this-not crazy, just depressed, then feel good for a few days, and then the cycle starts over again-so hard to explain, but i am pretty sure others know what i am talking about). my wife and my caring father-in-law pay our(mostly mine or caused by me) bills. i do not have a job or insurance. we live paycheck to paycheck, so no money for psychiatrist, other doctors, insurance, and the thousands of dollars i owe the hospitals. i see a family doctor(only $30 a month) and because of the money circumstances we came up with the best solution to keep me afloat-adderall and klonopin(my idea, he agreed until i could afford to see a psychiatrist-i figured the two meds fighting against one another would leave the racing in my head to a minimum so i would not have panic attacks anymore or try talking my wife into buying things we can't afford. so far it has worked). the problem is that when i was still working, i was seeing a psychologist who did brain mapping and hypnosis, i went through 3 psychiatrists(a lot of different meds), a stay at a mental health hospital/facility, and nothing changed. i was being treated for depression and anxiety. i needed to be treated for bpd. the psychologist stopped seeing me because of the meds the psychiatrists were giving me, the psychiatrists would only see me for 15 minutes and pretty much just write another prescription, and when i was in the mental health hospital all i did was help the other patients(made me feel better, so thought i was better). it's been a few years now and i have no way(no money or insurance) to see another doctor that might be able to help. i looked, but could not find the answer i am looking for. is there a way to get real help without money or insurance(without being put into an asylum)? i have maybe 3 teeth that are not broken or filled with cavities, but no money or insurance for that either. criminals get free lawyers, food, and medical. why can't i? it is a disease. i am a good loving person, no reason for me to ask why this is happening to me(been there, done that). just want to be better for myself first, but would really like to take the load off my family as well. if any help offered, i would greatly appreciate it. thanks for reading, stay strong, and be well.

hope7951 responded:
In 1963 JFK signed a bill into law to honor his sister that put a sliding rate in every county in the USA. You can find these by looking under Mental Health in the blue (gov.) pages of any phone book. You only pay what you are able. For meds go to www.pparx.org . You can fill out the forms there and they will tell you what programs you are eleigible for. Also go to www.nami.org and find your local chapter. Call them and ask what resources, support groups and classes they provide for free.
This should give you a good start. NAMI is usually well connected with all other agencies in the area and can give referrals.

mindismycontroller replied to hope7951's response:
thank you so very much. i will check it out now. thanks again and take care!

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Patience for the Holidays and every day life
Tips 1. Boredom can make it difficult to be patient. If you're waiting in the doctor's office and the only thing you can concentrate on is ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.