Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Includes Expert Content
Dr. Golberg , or anyone? TRIGGERS
Topaz03 posted:
Hi, I know I'm in a BAD state tonite, which is quite unusual for me in general really.
I was wondering, can you dissociate in later years. Too much...too many people. I would think that enough is enough, or my husband says I'm a door mat and it makes him sick.
So, mabey I'm like this victim......idk.....but I don't think so.......

I don't know what to think anymore. I know that I'm a simple person in general. Yes, my thoughts are and have been very intense. However, I'm the most honest and kind person, so how could I have been treated so badly by so many? It doesn't make any sense. Or, I'm sending signals, but I don't forget days, like I've read, just, is it possible?
I'm sorry, I know this isn't a Bipolar question. I wasn't beaten and my childhood was rough in certain ways, but not like others I've read, but it's been so many years, I've been through so much........and now, I don't think I'm well enough to be on my own and that scares me

Topaz03 responded:
Oh, well I was hit, and there was abuse, but not like what you hear of well...........there was some violence I saw.......but not like.........Mabey tonite, I'm just confused..........

snowyowl33 replied to Topaz03's response:
(((((((((((K)))))))))))))
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost. Dalai Lama

shania09 responded:
((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) Oh topaz, I knida know what u mean, I have been used and abused by people claiming they were my friend, when they just wanted something I had. Now days, I just keep my distance, I am friendly, but I still hold back, I hate doing that, but I am tired of people making fun of me, talking bad about me behind my back. I actually overheard a conversation when a "friend" was saying how gullable I was, how easy it was to trick me into giving them a ride to the bar we were at by pretending they liked me. Well needless to say, I left then there. Oh we are at least 30 miles or from home, so I did get a little revenge . But from I read from you, u seem to be a very nice person, and everybody else can kiss off. And I doubt u were sending any "signals", that just a cop out people wil do so they can just blame u, and say it your fault, and so that way they can feel loess guilty. Its almost like a rape. The man tell everyone that if u were not wearing the short skirt, and had your cleavage out a little bit, or u were "coming on to them" it gotta be he girls fault. You know what I mean? Don't let anyone blame u or let them say its probablt the BP disorder that is effecting things. And if have any doubts about staying by your self, go your pdoc and get their take. They will know better then anyone else. Just don't let anyone tell u different, u are a good person, just trust yourself.

hope7951 responded:
Kirra, once guys hit, they continue to hit no matter what they say. Find a safe place for you and your daughter.

Joseph F Goldberg, MD responded:
Dear Topaz,

I appreciate you're having a difficult time...but am not sure if your are posing a specific question to me, and if so, what that question is.

- Dr. G.

Topaz03 replied to hope7951's response:
Hope, I was talking about my parents, hugs

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
67 of 90 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.