Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
What meds do all take?
Topaz03 posted:
I was very curious to what everyone takes and what dose. Of course you don't have to answer, but I'd love to hear what you take, especially if you have more trouble with mania and also not being able to focus and sit still. (those are some of my main issues). The anxiety too, but I know when I'm settled in with something, the anxiety will get better because it's all tied in together. Thanks!

Right now, I'm just on 250mgs of Depakote, but I guess it's not agreeing with me.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

saallie responded:
Topaz,

I take abilify 5 mg, lexapro 20 mg, remeron 15 mg, and ambien 10 mg. None of these seem to help my anxiety, and the remeron I've only been on for a week, but I am going to talk to my pdoc to take me off the remeron & reintroduce the klonopin which seem to help with my sleep and anxiety.

Hope this is helpful to you & take care!

fuzzer29 responded:
How long have you been on it? Long enough to absolutely know that it won't work for you? I don't have issues with mania, but I take Geodon, 80 mgs per day, and Celexa, 40 mgs a day. I have serious issues with depression.
No matter how high the throne, there sits but an ass. -Voltaire

Topaz03 replied to fuzzer29's response:
Keep us posted on the Geodon. Do you feel anything from it yet?

Saalie:) Sorry about your anxiety. I can totally relate. Mine is through the roof. I hope you get your meds so they are making you feel better.
I took klonopin, before, but it was tough getting off it when I had to stop it. The benzos don't work for my anxiety anyway, so it will get better with the right mood stabilizer. I could be on the right one.

I was wondering if anyone took a medication that worked for their bipolar but the side effects were horrible..........at first and then they got much better? Mabey I keep going on and on, sorry about that.

fuzzer29 replied to Topaz03's response:
It wasn't a BP med, but a med for nausea. IT used to give me a vicious headache, but it doesn't anymore.

fuzzer29 replied to Topaz03's response:
Oh, and the Geodon I think is starting to work, but it is still kinda early for me to be able to tell for sure or not yet. I am really hoping for it to work, and I don't want anything to do with either Seroquel or Lithium.

AnxietyMisDiagnosed responded:
I was JUST diagnosed less than a week ago, and am on 300mg of Lithium 3x/day. Dr. Goldberg said they'd likely end up increasing it, and my psychiatrist made it sound like eventually more meds would be needed, but we'd start with Li, as it's the 'gold star' in treating Bipolar. He discussed other possiblities with me, but we decided Li was the best for me right now. I also have Trazadol to sleep if I need it, 1/2 tab and up to a full if I need it.

Anneinside responded:
I have more trouble with depression than mania but here is my cocktail for bipolar:

200 mg Lamictal
15 mg Abilify
36 mg Concerta
90 mg Cymbalta
10 mg Ambien

sandtiger responded:
I've actually fluctuated on my meds the past year, but am now back to [almost> what I was before:

Lamictal 300mg
Celexa 20mg
Lunesta 3mg [used to be on Ambien ... after an incident that landed me in 3South, they wouldn't refill my prescipt; my doc changed it to Lunesta which, according to him, is harder to overdose on>

I also take melatonin at night and a women's hlth multivitamin.

As soon as I meet my new pdoc I'd like to try and speak with him about adding something that will make things a little easier for me ... I still have my low points, especially when I don't get enough sleep, but I've found I'm continuously sleeping more and more, and I don't ever really feel like I ever have a truly 'good' day.

The "spark" is kind of missing. I'm just sort of ... existing. =/

~ San

BeeRJ responded:
I have a lite cocktail since, it was only a year or had a diagnosis 1500mg Depakote & 1800 Gabapentin helps with anxiety as well was taking other anxiety med for as a beginner thing. These meds seem to be working I can go higher doses with both if needed. I just might.
cloudvisions.blogspot.com Being me is like beeing a Bee or something. The belief in a thing makes it happen. - Frank Lloyd Wright

AnxietyMisDiagnosed replied to BeeRJ's response:
woooooooooah. That's a serious cocktail, at least compared to mine. I think everyone else has been diagnosed longer and been on meds longer than I have though- it's hardly been a week and we're still waiting for theraputic lithium levels...*sigh* I hope to never have to get on anything more serious.

bpcookie responded:
Hi honey bunny, I take Depakote 2 pills twice a day and Lamictal once a day. It works wonders for me. muahs
I can't be bothered with a cell phone in my car....I am too busy making finger gestures at everyone!!!-Maxine

BeeRJ replied to AnxietyMisDiagnosed's response:
It feels like it.. I do the depakote at night,, & the other, three times a day. when I first started the depakote it did not feel real good but is for before bed time so it made feel like I was hungry but that is not to notice able now. The gabapentin just streaghtened that med. they both make me a little thirstier but we should be drinking more straight water any how . Also the second med gave some awesome sleep since it helped curve my anxieties. I don't ahve one fixed anxiety just from the pressure of the cycling. man I speel at all this week. sometimes I feel like that.
cloudvisions.blogspot.com Being me is like beeing a Bee or something. The belief in a thing makes it happen. - Frank Lloyd Wright

AnxietyMisDiagnosed replied to BeeRJ's response:
That's definitley one 'benefit' of Lithium; I'm thirsty ALL the time so I'm drinking a lot more water..but, that also means I have to pee constantly too, which is just great. *LOL*
But you're right, drinking more water can't be all that bad

jselleck replied to AnxietyMisDiagnosed's response:
Hi guys, my doc's been messing with my meds lately so here's what I'm on now: propranolol 10 mg twice in the morning, once at night,Lithum 450mg at night, klor-con (potassium)8mg at night, clonidine hcl .2mg at night for dreams, and levothyroxine .137 mg because the lithum screws up my thyroid.. Oh almost forgot Saphris .5mg twice a day. That's me. Used to be on a higher does of lithium but he lowered it, and was on Geodon for years. Loved it but it messed with my sense of taste. Couldn't drink soda or sprite or ages. Still can't drink sprite.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

new
hello everyone.. new to this..hope to talk to others who knows how it is having bipolar. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.