Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
A note to me...
skypper posted:
a lil something i wrote for and to and about me a long while back...it helps me to go back and re-read it every now and then...i have to remind myself that i have had happiness and not to fall too far down that rabbit hole and not to let myself be crushed and lost down there too long...sometimes it's pretty hard to find the way out though...so i keep trying to go, muddling through the darkness...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01 June 2009 @ 10:38 am
Once Upon A Time...

Once upon a time my soul was at ease. It was a cool and confident interior with a bright and sparkling exterior as a compliment. Worlds were aligned and the sun shone brightly. The moons beams were magically incandescent. All was right in my world. Remember those feelings; the peace, the glow, remember what it is to feel your heart smile and not question the reality of it all.

Though it may have been only a dream, it was wonderful, and for that moment in time you were as happy as an Angel in Heaven. You were treasured and loved like the gem that you are. People saw your goodness and your worth. A friend to yourself as well, you took great care of your needs and then shared your generous spirit with those fortunate enough to have known you at that time. You had a partner that treated you with care and love, the way you always wanted to be treated and more importantly the way you deserved to be treated.

You loved blindly with your whole heart and believed that fairy tales really did come true. It was not important what others said or thought, because you knew you were loved and it felt amazing. Whether or not it was true love you did not question the reality of it all but just enjoyed and treasured the moments as they came. You gave of all your heart and soul to another for no other reason than it was what you wanted. You daydreamed about all the possibilities and smiled at your memories of these dreams. Other people who could not see the beauties within your mind tried to trash these things. They scoffed at the unreality of it all. They tried to catch you to show you their reality, but your wings carried you so high that they could not reach to clip your wings.

Reality is an impartial thing, every person owns their own version. And just because your reality doesn't match what others think it should be, does not mean that it has no worth. Indeed you alone own your life and make it happen. So I say even though it may seem like such a distant memory too good to be true, it did happen. For that moment in time there was true, childlike, carefree happiness. Whether I created it in my own mind is not the important part, what's important is that it is mine. ~...mc~
If you are struggling, please talk to someone. There are good and kind people in this world. There is love to know and beauty to find. You matter beyond words. Please don't give up.TWLOHA

melly2210 responded:
Sweetie....this is beautiful! And a wonderful affirmation that I think you should read and practice more often.

I, too, miss those carefree days of childhood and total happiness and being oblivious to the "bad" parts of life. But I think becoming aware of the "bad" and guarding against it can be a good thing. Triggers....avoid em as much as you can.

Keep using this!!! And I'd repost this as a resource. It's something we all relate to.....

((((skypper))))
Melinda
Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

slik_kitty responded:
this is beautiful. something to keep in mind now. make your reality like the one where you were happy. you have the power. you can do it. all you gotta do is take the first step.

jselleck replied to slik_kitty's response:
So beautiful. Thanks for sharing girl.

fuzzer29 responded:
I think this is a beautiful writing, and we all can prob read this daily and get something great from it. Thank you so much for sharing that too, I think that was brave, and I don't know that I could post something that I wrote. It is so beautiful!
No matter how high the throne, there sits but an ass. -Voltaire

hereinmyhead responded:
Sky, can I save this in a doc on my computer? Good stuff.

BTW, can't help but notice your siggy came from my favorite charity on this earth. I love TWLOHA. I'm almost a stalker when it comes to that site and following them on Twitter

skypper replied to hereinmyhead's response:
@melly, i do try to avoid those triggers, sometimes it can be the smallest things...this isn't really speaking of my childhood because even that wasn't carefree, the time i'm speaking of was more recent...and i wish i would have stayed in that place

@kitty, thanks bunches, i know how much you care, i'll get this all figured out sooner or later...

@jessica, thank you and you're very welcome

@fuzzer, thank you too, it makes me happy that other people can appreciate what i write

@susieQ, yes you can save a copy for sure...and i love TWLOHA too, i don't follow on twitter mainly because i never got into using twitter much but i do follow on facebook, every day they post the most beautifully inspiring quotes
If you are struggling, please talk to someone. There are good and kind people in this world. There is love to know and beauty to find. You matter beyond words. Please don't give up.TWLOHA

ddnos responded:
Very beautiful, Michelle!

Debbie
Kindness is loving people more than they deserve. --Josephe Joubert

skypper replied to ddnos's response:
thanks you debbie doodles

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.