Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Kind of a strange question
midge6869 posted:
Ok, this is going to sound really weird. I have been slightly depressed for a while now. The last two days though I have been extremely depressed-crying a lot, sleeping a lot (and taking sleep aids like Unisom to help me sleep, I think that if I'm sleeping, I dont have to think about stuff that is depressing me), and not much of an appetite. I have a very supportive husband who says he loves me so much (been married for 21 years). Sometimes when he tells me he loves me, it just makes me cry and depressed. Of course I dont let him see. I also cry sometimes during or after sex. When I am depressed like this, I usually feel that I am not good enough for him and he deserves better. I was wondering if its normal to be severely depressed for only a few days and if any one else has cried during the situations I have described. Hopefully you guys wont think I'm too weird for asking this.

sheila000 responded:
You sound like me - sleeping, crying and unable toget going. 've had good holidays. I remember, but this one is cold. I feel so alone but it might help knowing Ifeel just like you.

midge6869 replied to sheila000's response:
Thanks for the reply. Its nice to know I'm not the only one who feels like this. Hope things get better for you.

bpcookie responded:
Hello Midge, Many ppl get depressed for a few days and then will perk up. Im so very sorry to hear that your going through this.

Just remember that your husband loves you and you are def. good enough for him. Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon.
I can't be bothered with a cell phone in my car....I am too busy making finger gestures at everyone!!!-Maxine

midge6869 replied to bpcookie's response:
Thanks Cookie. I was really wondering if it was common for someone with BP2 to only be severly depressed for a few days at a time. I am very fortunate to have such a wonderful hubby who has stuck with me since I was 15. Thanks for replying

MPogg replied to midge6869's response:
I have BP2 and am depressed about 90% of the time. Most doctors won't diagnose you unless you have the symptoms for 2 weeks or longer. Hopefully you will feel better in a few days, however if this is something that is on-going you should seek a professional to assess you.

Good Luck

Melissa

sheila000 replied to midge6869's response:
Thanks midg, i went to pdoc yesterday and he changed my anti-depressant to Remeron and I fell alseep on the couch and woke up this morning. My depressions last 2-3 months and keep getting worse until I spend all my time in bed and just don't care about anything. I hope changing meds helps. Maybe you should get yours reassessed too. This is an awful way to live.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Kee pyour head up
Don't let this illness bring you down. Always keep you head to the sky because someone is watching you and I. Sometimes this illness can ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.