Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Today was awful
blackeyedpea44 posted:
I have worked at my current restaraunt job for about 6 months and so far everything had gone smoothly. I enjoyed going to work, employees were fun and nice and management was too. Well about two months ago they up'd my hours and had me working 6 days a week and I was slowly getting worn down. It caught up with me so I taked to my managent (one of my managers actually has a bipolar sister so they are very understanding) and they said they would give me a couple weeks (or as long as I need) to just work a few nights a week and get to feelin better. So for about a week I was off and just came back tonight and it was awful. I felt sort of on the verge of tears anyway but was nice perky with everyone as I always am. Well there is this employee, who has yelled at other employees before and virtually no one likes him bc he acts childlike throwing tantrums and stuff. He had never really pulled that with me before though. Well too make it short, he yelled at me, called me a liar, and was just verbally abusive to me over a TABLE! Normally, when I am 100% I would of told him what he could do with that table if he was going to talk to me in that manner, but today like I said I was feeling a bit down anyway so after the 10 mins of his yelling at me, I just went to the RR and cried. That did it for me, I know feel empty and emotionally drained. I had to take care of my guests with tears coming out of the corner of my eyes. The man is totally innapropriate with his actions most of the time, and has gone off (loudly) to pretty much all of the employees (except for the men, isnt that interesting?)
I guess theres really no question here but I could just use some support to walk in there tomorrow nite. I know that I am good at my job and the management tells me that I am one of the bests, but I just am feeling down.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
-FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE

Carl_1970 responded:
Hi blackeyedpea44,

Sounds like this guy needs reporting to the management (if he hasn't been already), since not only is he upsetting his colleagues, but also probably some of the customers, which could affect the reputation of the restaurant.

Try not to take the negaticity inwards - I know that's difficult.

I recently went on an assertiveness course, which has helped me.

Carl_1970 (or directly at Dr.Cob@something2getyouthinking.com )

annaaurora responded:
Ah the I know your vulnerable, so hmmm who can I taunt. It is incredibly hard to deal with jerks. I was working way to much overtime, just had a suicide attempt, new drugs yada, etc. Any good jab, no I'm not mad I just don't talk with you crap. All of this would send into a tailspin. I went to HR, I cried at my desk, & toilet, I'd leave. Trust me I still have my moments. I was talking with Tdoc, she finally said, after I lambasted the enviro at work, micro managing crap, well then micro manage yourself. If you were a boss, what would you want to see, certainly not the jerk who loves to tear into people. Now does that mean he/she will be repremanded, who knows. The best thing you can do is A. don't dwell as much as one can B. Go in be the good worker, good person you are. Now I am still in the stage of revenge I like to see mine get mad, because I have given him no fodder. I am working on the A & B steps for me. They're problems are there's. Do the personal mantra thing, a deep breath and open that door.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Patience for the Holidays and every day life
Tips 1. Boredom can make it difficult to be patient. If you're waiting in the doctor's office and the only thing you can concentrate on is ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.