Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Should I?
MPogg posted:
Hey All,

My mind is always racing and I think of the strangest things. Things that I never really talk about, most things I have never said out loud! I would like to pose some of these things on here to get some feedback from you all and to see if people think like me or am I just weird.

However some of these things seems so crazy to me I am afraid that I will be ostracized. Should I post these things or shouldn't I? I am unsure!

Help

Melissa

fuzzer29 responded:
I can't believe that you would be ostracized just for posing thoughts, and things that you have never said out loud. I know I do that too, and it IS difficult to deal with. I kind of talk to myself to get it out, and try to deal with it that way, but I def. invite you to share if you do feel comfortable with that- I promise I won't ostracize you in any way, OK?
No matter how high the throne, there sits but an ass. -Voltaire

melly2210 responded:
Melissa...

Toss em out there. This is, by far, one of the least judgemental groups I've come across. You may get some varying opinions, I am sure. But what do you get by not trying. Stop stuffing things...bad bad bad thing to do! Let it out, girl!

Melinda
Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

bpcookie responded:
Hello Melissa, You are totally safe to post anything you would like here. We do not ostracize anyone and never judge ppl. Just post what ever your comfortable with. Just please remember to put a Trigger in the title of the post if its a triggering subject.

Glad you joined our board.
I can't be bothered with a cell phone in my car....I am too busy making finger gestures at everyone!!!-Maxine

DizzyJgirl responded:
Yes, exactly what the other's said. This is a good place to share. If it makes you feel better I have some racing thoughts and think strange things too. So, honestly, I would be curious what you experience. I have to force things out of my head and force myself to think of other things.

We are here for you but as Cookie said, just remember to put "trigger" in your subject line if there is any chance it would upset someone (and when in doubt, err on the side of caution and put it). Take care!
Live Life Loud

Carl_1970 responded:
Hi MPogg,

My mind raced for a while this time last year, so you're definately not alone,

Carl_1970.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
67 of 90 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.