Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Estimated dates of meds going generic
ddnos posted:
I thought some might be interested in this - I found a site of estimated dates of possible first time meds going generic - save money!

The list starts in 2012 and goes all the way through 2017!

Remember thought, they are just estimated dates that could change depending on patent litigation and/or other red tape.
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

bpcookie responded:
friggin cool. Thanks
I HATE being Bipolar. Its AWESOME!!!!

ddnos responded:
oops, I mean the list goes through to 2027, not 2017
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

ddnos replied to bpcookie's response:
You're welcome

I'm hoping that Provigil really does go generic in April because it's so rediculously expensive!

beej5 responded:
thank you dd. I found 3 of my meds on there that will be cheaper for me to get. I am gonna forward the link to someone else too how needs to know.

beej

mercygive responded:
Awsome Debbie-Thank you so much!

I will ask about the Lexapro - I've been wanting to try this as I think it will treat my anxiety better than Celexa
I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship.
Louisa May Alcott

skypper replied to mercygive's response:
I've been thinking about asking my doc to switch me to Lexapro...I know I went totally bat-crazy on it before, but that was before i knew anything about bp or my BEING bp and i know a lot more now...anyways it could only help at this point...i'm tired of living in this rabbit hole!
~Sky~

I'm so tired of fighting, all I want is peace and to find maybe a glimpse of happiness hidden in these shadows. ~by me ~mc~

ddnos replied to mercygive's response:
just remember guys, that these are just estimated dates and so may not be the exact month it says - but hopefully they are or are pretty close!

mercygive replied to ddnos's response:
Today, I called my local pharmacy re: Lexapro generic and they said yes it did go generic but they don't have any in yet and either do the other local pharmacies but they will have it soon, and that only Medco has it for now.
I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship.
Louisa May Alcott

ddnos replied to mercygive's response:
Mercy, Cool!

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.