Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
mary
dem24 posted:
thank you
FirstPrevious12NextLast

marysings responded:
I'm glad that you are all right. I'm here for you.

Hugs,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is.I make mistakes,I'm sometimes out of control but I love and give with all my heart.If you can't accept me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.

dem24 replied to marysings's response:
am sorry i did not know where to go with this and the last thing was tp put it here, it has been ten years since the last time, now i cant stop i am going to do more while they are in school, the after us eating me alive. i am not alone so i cab boy write anymore

marysings replied to dem24's response:
I hope you change your mind. Remember that I won't be here part of the day tomorrow.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is.I make mistakes,I'm sometimes out of control but I love and give with all my heart.If you can't accept me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.

was just reading your story about the ham mavo@ cheese @salad. i have about the dressing, next time take mayo and catchup and mix it together. i think that makes ranch. as far as the rest goes it happens. my sister in law had hamburgers explode lol

Seriously, I have no idea what you are talking about. Sad, isn't it?

You'll have to remind me.

Mary

I was going to serve browned ham from a skillet, a salad, and macaroni and cheese. I started them all at once. Of course, the macaroni took nearly 10 minutes to heat and cook. I made the salad with lettuce and a tomato - I had nothing else for it. We didn't have any dressing so I got out the mayo. Then I just kept turning the ham until the mac and cheese was done. We sat down at the table, prayed, and dived in. The ham would have made a great shoe...we each choked down a bite and then tossed it. The salad was edible but a might unattractive. We ate the whole pan of macaroni but were still hungry. At that time, there was no McD or Hardees or anything in our town. I think I found a cake mix and frosting in the back of the cabinet and quickly fixed it. Warm cake and frosting tastes really good...I don't know they say to let it cool, frost, and then serve.

dem24 replied to dem24's response:
you posted this under the thread caprice started

Oh yeah, those early days of marriage were a trial. We both worked and barely earned enough to live on. I remember all of the money issues and truly wonder how we got through it.

A few years ago I read that if you want to make Thousand Island dressing, mix together mayo, ketchup, and pickle relish.

You know, having that woman validate my abuse has been the best blessing I could have had. Now my husband, brother and sister believe me. My children are having a difficult time and when our older son was home this past weekend, he did not stop at the nursing home to visit my mother.

I told my sister I thought I would visit our mother later this week and she about had a cow. (She hasn't been to see our mother since the lady talked to me.) Anyway, she made me promise to talk with Dr.B first and she said she would go with me. I can't be mad at my mother - she did what she did because she was a sick person at the time. She was always angry and had little or no tolerance for us kids. Why she had children is beyond me, but that will also be an unanswered question. She is completely living in a world of dementia now. I feel bad that her life will end without her ability to ever answer some of my questions, but that is something I can accept.

Well, the dryer is calling me. I hope you have a good day, Dem24. Your friendship is wonderful for me.

Hugs from Mary

shanabanana09 replied to marysings's response:
Mary If visiting your Mom triggers bad memories for you, then maybe you shouldn't visit her. She probably doesn't even remember once you left. That's how my grandmother is. It's so sad. I understand how you must be coping, and that you are forgiving your Mom because she was sick. You have a loving heart, and will get thru all this. Somtimes bad stuff happens to good ppl. It's beyond me why this happens this way. I wish the devil would just go away! But I didnt know about the lady that validated the abuse and now your kids believe you. Maybe you can enlighten me on this. Is it in an above post?

iwanttostop replied to marysings's response:
mary, my bio mom was my primary abuser. she is and always has been mental ill (bpd, bipolar, .... i was taken from her when i was 8 i was emancipated at 13 married at 14. when i was 16 i received notice that monica was in a state mental facility, (not a nice one) i got my uncle to sing her out and i have been her care provider since. (I am 50 now) any way the first thing i learned in the state home i was put in was to HATE the BEHAVIOR but NOT the PERSON. i wont lie i dont like the women and because i have taken care of her my brother has not had any contact with me since i was 8, my sister killed her self about 5 years ago i had not talked to her in over 10 years. any way i respect you for having compassion for your mom, it just proves the circle CAN be broken

marysings replied to shanabanana09's response:
It's post number 4 in this thread:

http://forums.webmd.com/3/borderline-personality-disorder-exchange/forum/101?@383.wZ6bav2ZiUW

marysings replied to iwanttostop's response:
iwanttostop,

How can I be mad at someone who is lost in another world? Anger would only make me bitter. I've got enough problems without living like that.

My brother and I broke the abuse circle with our children. I raised two sons. He raised four daughters. Our children all grew up in Christian homes with loving parents. My sister did not have children because she feared becoming mean like our mother was.

My sons love their children will all their hearts and soul. I know my four grandchildren will always be safe in their home.

Your compassion for your mother is awesome. I admire you very much.

Mary

HesayImBeautifulIagree replied to marysings's response:
Marysings it's me sweetface I've changed my name but I'm back I really was excited to see ur name I hope you remember me I was sexually and mentally and some physical abuse i use to talk a lot about the monster in my bed and my abusive mother!
I'm just getting back on the boards and I am struggling a little with my kids focousing on them is not all I thought it would be!
I love bein the me I see but I'm not sure who that me is!!!!

dem24 replied to HesayImBeautifulIagree's response:
Faith is the place between the way things are & the good that is sure to come.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i will update my story later when i have more time but i would like to say that the previous story that i posted was wrong. not on purpose but by acci...More

Helpful Tips

Some Traits Common to People with BPD
People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.