Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
my psychiatrist is a jerk
marysings posted:
I went to my appointment today to see my pdoc. I told him what happened last week and how devastating it was to me. He lectured me for 20 minutes. He basically told me if I have any more memories it was time to "let them go" and concentrate on being a good wife.

I wonder how a psychiatrist could be so unkind. He must have skipped all the psychology classes.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is.I make mistakes,I'm sometimes out of control but I love and give with all my heart.If you can't accept me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.

SFGiantsgirl responded:
I'm sorry to hear that. I would get a new pdoc if I were you.

marysings replied to SFGiantsgirl's response:
I am thinking about it.

Do you remember all the posts between my original one and yours? There were close to 6 or 7 I believe. I can't imagine why they were deleted...can you?
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is.I make mistakes,I'm sometimes out of control but I love and give with all my heart.If you can't accept me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.

marysings replied to marysings's response:
I just figured it out. There are many responses to my post (same one as here) on the Sexual Abuse community board.

Oh my, where is my brain when I need it?

Mary

shanabanana09 replied to marysings's response:
Mary I would like to add you on FB!!! I am a basketcase right now. Ugh! Why won't the ppl that make my life miserable just go away!

marysings replied to shanabanana09's response:
Type Mary M. and I have the same picture there. Looking forward to talking with you more!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 64 and divorced and single. I have 3 children and 3 grandchildren, but they aren't really involved in my life. I married an abusive man wh...More

Helpful Tips

how i feel every second of my day....
shaking shivering starting to cry feeling so lonely wanting to die and if you tell people the things that you do they still don't know all ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.