Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
what the heck!
Caroleadd posted:
I'm new to this board,( and i only have an i phone to type on- no computer so my spelling might be off cause i cant type on this thing very well) i have been diagnosed professionally with bipolar type1 with psychotic features, severe general and social anxiety, add, and a year ago bpd. i agree with the anxiety. one p said i didnt have bipolar but was bpd. i didnt agree with bpd. i dont have the halmark love or hate alternate thing with people. i dont have stormy relationships. i have been with my husband for 32 yrs. i read about the dbt thing however and i have got to get that! I'm going to my p next tuesday and im going to ask her about it. this is frustrating typing on an i phone cause it just takes so long to type. does anyone not have trouble with relationships and still be bpd? i have a few of the symptoms of bpd. low self esteem, lack of worth, extreem mood problems dont like to be aroind people i dont know, and afraid to be in social settings because i might say something stupid or act inappropriately theres alot more. i can tell you this for sure, as you go on in life and big things happen to you, you can go to a different psychologist for each big thing and each psychologist will diagnose you with something else

susiemargaret responded:
hello, C --

welcome!

i'm sure that others will be stopping by to welcome you as well, but i wanted you to know that we are glad you found us!

-- susie margaret

marysings responded:
I firmly believe that no therapist can make a diagnosis of any mental health issue until they have been treating the patient for a year or so.

Under Tips on the right hand corner of this page is a post called "Identifying Borderline Personality Disorder". This is by no means a way to self-diagnosis (which I am not a fan of). The questions raised there will help you further understand BPD.

Have you thought of going to your local library to use their computers? That may save the wear and tear to your fingers.

It's good to have you here.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was sexually and mentally abused for so long i began to fanatisize that a wonderful woman would come and save me it got so bad I just started talkin...More

Helpful Tips

how i feel every second of my day....
shaking shivering starting to cry feeling so lonely wanting to die and if you tell people the things that you do they still don't know all ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.