Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
    Trying to understand
    depressedinkansas posted:
    I really am not sure what I am doing. I feel sad and suffocated. I want out of every situation I am in. I am 43 years old have a 13 year old and live with my parents. I can't work Social Security and the VA are not getting me anywhere. Other than the help from my parents I get 20 dollars a month and 175 in food stamps. As the economy gets worse I feel it would be beter if my little one is better off without me. He is my miracle baby. I was told from the age of 15 I couldn't have any. At 29 I found out I was pregeant. We were very happy. Now he was diagnosed with ADHD at 5 and I blame myself for giving him the disease. I was diagnosed with Personality disorder back in 94. Have had many episodes in and out of the hospitail. Been married twice. My second marriage was over 3 years ago. Working on a 3rd relationship. I can have many relationships but am not the most beuatiful person in the world and most aren't meaningfull or fullfilling. All of my relationships have been like that.
    susiemargaret responded:
    hello, D --

    welcome to this community!

    others will probably be stopping by to say "hello" too, but i wanted you to know that we are glad you found us!

    -- susie margaret
    marysings responded:
    I can see your heartache in your post.

    If you have not been successful in getting SSD benefits, seek the help of a lawyer. They often don't charge unless you are granted SSD. Also, be sure that you ask for 'back pay' beginning at the date you first became unable to work. In order to build your case, you may be counseled to find a psychiatrist and a therapist. I'm not sure about this since I have no experience working with a lawyer.

    Many children and adults have ADHD. Stop feeling guilty that your son's genetic pool includes ADHD. Having the disorder is not a problem. Put him on meds now to help him become a good student. My son was on ADHD meds for a long, long time. He is now in the Marine Corps and THEY put him back on Ridilin. There is no shame in having ADHD.

    I hope you'll find this website helpful and I urge you to become involved in other's conversations.

    I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I've had major depression and mood swings for years. I suffered some serious trauma in my childhood. My father was verbally abusive to me and phys...More

    Helpful Tips

    Some Traits Common to People with BPD
    People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 5 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.