Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
Trying to understand
depressedinkansas posted:
I really am not sure what I am doing. I feel sad and suffocated. I want out of every situation I am in. I am 43 years old have a 13 year old and live with my parents. I can't work Social Security and the VA are not getting me anywhere. Other than the help from my parents I get 20 dollars a month and 175 in food stamps. As the economy gets worse I feel it would be beter if my little one is better off without me. He is my miracle baby. I was told from the age of 15 I couldn't have any. At 29 I found out I was pregeant. We were very happy. Now he was diagnosed with ADHD at 5 and I blame myself for giving him the disease. I was diagnosed with Personality disorder back in 94. Have had many episodes in and out of the hospitail. Been married twice. My second marriage was over 3 years ago. Working on a 3rd relationship. I can have many relationships but am not the most beuatiful person in the world and most aren't meaningfull or fullfilling. All of my relationships have been like that.

susiemargaret responded:
hello, D --

welcome to this community!

others will probably be stopping by to say "hello" too, but i wanted you to know that we are glad you found us!

-- susie margaret

marysings responded:
I can see your heartache in your post.

If you have not been successful in getting SSD benefits, seek the help of a lawyer. They often don't charge unless you are granted SSD. Also, be sure that you ask for 'back pay' beginning at the date you first became unable to work. In order to build your case, you may be counseled to find a psychiatrist and a therapist. I'm not sure about this since I have no experience working with a lawyer.

Many children and adults have ADHD. Stop feeling guilty that your son's genetic pool includes ADHD. Having the disorder is not a problem. Put him on meds now to help him become a good student. My son was on ADHD meds for a long, long time. He is now in the Marine Corps and THEY put him back on Ridilin. There is no shame in having ADHD.

I hope you'll find this website helpful and I urge you to become involved in other's conversations.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Spotlight: Member Stories

** may cause triggers** I am a 39 yr old mother, of two amazing teen daughters and one very active 4 yr old little boy. My mental health journey start...More

Helpful Tips

Identifying Borderline Personality Disorder
Thoughts that may indicate BPD Alternate between seeing people as either flawless or evil? Have difficulty remembering the good things ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.