Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
I am stuck and not moving forward
Anon_227762 posted:
I am a single 43 year old woman and was diagnosed BPD about three years ago and taking Geodon which helps alot. From the time I was in Jr. High I knew that I was different, something was wrong with me. However I didn't get a chance to explore that until my son was grown whom has mental disabilities and was a challenge to raise especially being young, single with the situation being worse than no family support for I had family continueously working against me in every step of the very long road. I was 4 yrs old when my mother committed suicide (her 5th and final attempt). My grandparents raised me but my grandfather died when I was only13 yrs old. By the time I was 15 yrs old I felt it neccessary to take drastic measures to save myself by becoming an emancipated minor. Now, at 40 yrs old I could finally put a name to what I've been going through. Because I was having such a hard time with ending the bad relationship with my drug addict first love I was off of work and went to therapy for 6 months through a duel diagnosis drug and alcohol program which specialized in DBT. The pain was as powerful as losing my mother was. However after going back to work my son was injured and came close to dying. Because of the pain and needing to function I continued to abuse drugs. Which is how I got stuck. Need to stop to get better and I have no problem doing so but the pain is unbearable, too much for me! I have tried all of the relaxation techniques but nothing seems to be able to help that horrible diabling pain and anger that is just below the surface constantly threatening to spin out of control. Any suggestions of how to get myself unstuck.

marysings responded:
I think it is time to reach out for professional help. In addition, you might look for a AddictsAnonymous group.

I wish you all the best,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Anon_227762 responded:
Thanks for replying at least. I have sought out professional help but thanks for the good advise. I am disappointed for I was really hoping to become part of this community. I truly am trying to get well but I still have to function at the same time and I can see that no one else has any more answers than I do as to how to do so.

I wish you all luck in your journey.

marysings replied to Anon_227762's response:
You are welcome to stay here. Your story is very sad. I truly believe that help for you will be best found with a therapist and an "anonymous" group.

All the best to you.
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Brittany. I was raised in an emotionally, verbally, and physically abusive household. I just moved out of that household a year ago (I&...More

Helpful Tips

how i feel every second of my day....
shaking shivering starting to cry feeling so lonely wanting to die and if you tell people the things that you do they still don't know all ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.