Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
New To All This
ItaliaNikki5 posted:
I'm new to all this kind of stuff but I was looking for friends with BPD that I can talk to and have someone who knows what I am going through. I have been trying to find boards or something but the only ones I find are for people living with people with BPD not for people with BPD. I would love to talk to anyone!!!

marysings responded:
You have found the right place Nikki! Welcome to this community!

I also searched for Borderline communities to join. When I finally gave up, I had the opportunity to create this on WebMD. I'm glad I did because a lot of people have come here. Not all stay because this community tends to be slow. If you also have depression, there is a good Depression community here also.

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Sincerely,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Storm224 responded:
hi nikki
I am new as well,,just found out this week..hope we will be able 2 help each other

it_is_what_it_is responded:
hi i am also new to this board and newly diagnosed with bpd, still learning about it . i found Mary tips (identifying bpd very helpful, i have also order some dbt training manuals on line and have learned some new copping skills. i use to go by i want to stop i have recently change to it_is_what_it_is. i hope we can all learn from each other.

it_is_what_it_is responded:
just checking to see if everything is going ok for you.

Storm224 replied to it_is_what_it_is's response:
hey it is..i am good..how bout u?btw i found a nice community ,check it out.. http://www.experienceproject.com/groups/Have-Borderline-Personality-Disorder/1960

marysings replied to Storm224's response:
I registered on that site but haven't looked at anything. I'll let you know if I like it.

Meanwhile, this site on WebMD is near and dear to my heart. I'm a fan for life here!

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

marysings replied to marysings's response:
I promised to answer about that website.

YUCK, YUCK, YUCK

That has to be the most mixed up website there is! I logged out and have no intention of returning.

Mary

Storm224 replied to marysings's response:
Hi mary,

I am surprised you didn't like it, I enjoyed reading other people stories (well, not sure that's the right word to describe it, but u know what I mean) and found recommendations for reading material. I guess each individual is different, if u know bout good BPD community websites, would love to check them out.
btw, wanted to ask u about forgiving, why is that an important part of therapy? I mean, yes we are responsible for our lives and we are the ones who have to move on. But if someone hurt me, why would I forgive him? I would try to get my revenge; I have the right to hate him... The way I see it: him being punished for what he did, has nothing to do with me moving on with my life.

Storm

it_is_what_it_is replied to marysings's response:
agree, i read maybe ten stories including "storm 224" i got the sense that people were proud of having a mental illness and did not want to change but expected the world around them to do the changing. i would not wish this on any one and do not take pride or joy in thinking, (feeling) like this

Storm224 replied to it_is_what_it_is's response:
It is,
First of all, if from what I wrote you understood that I am happy I have BPD, well I guess BPD is not your biggest problem right now, you have JPS (just plain stupid). Secondly, who are you to judge other people? Do you know what they are going through? Or how hard they are working to fix their issues? Did you study their coping mechanisms? There is a difference (which I wouldn't expect you to understand) between happiness to fully accepting who you are. I would suggest that instead of judging other people, go work on yourself"026

Storm

it_is_what_it_is replied to Storm224's response:
am sorry i was not trying to judge anyone. i don't think i am stupid (maybe) i only read 10 stories, i did not spend lot of time there, i was only trying to put in words the way i felt ( which is not easy for me i don't always know what i feel. i just left the site know that it was not the site for me. if you are happy you are way a head of me, i hope some day to there too. aging i apologize i did not mean to offend you. i am socially inept. hopefully they will take my post down which seems to happen a lot.

marysings replied to it_is_what_it_is's response:
I looked at my response about the other website and I feel that I might have caused some of this because I wasn't clear on what I found there.

• There were too many people.
  • There were too many options of what to do.
  • I never could find any posts.
  • I never could find how to post.
  • I never could find anything except stories and I didn't read those because I figured my story is plenty bad enough, so why would I want to read what someone has been through. (well that sounded a bit "uppity" and I didn't mean for it to sound like that).
  • AND I've gone back to that website and there is no way to delete myself from that community! If someone here knows how, please help me.

So, lets not quibble about how we feel about another web community. We're on WebMD, "I" like the simple post or not post, and I like being able to remain anonymous.

Mary

Storm224 replied to marysings's response:
Hi mary and it is

For starters, I would like to clarify one misunderstanding: I'm a guy; I realized I didn't write it anywhere. It defiantly has an impact on my illness, my moods shift towards rage, anger and hate (although I have my share of depressions as well) .I think that had to do with my response, which I will try to explain in a different post.

Mary, I happen to have a lot of experience with websites, they are all basically the same. In order to delete your account follow these steps:

1sign in 2 click on your profile name (top left side of the page) which will bring you to your profile page
3 on the right side, under your profile pic you will find 5 options, click on account setting
4 a new page will open, click on user account
5 scroll to the bottom of the page, check delete account
6 a pop up message will appear click OK
7 if u want to erase the stories you posted uncheck "keep stories"
8 type in your password
9 click save

If you have problems let me know...

Storm

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story would take too long. But I've suffered from severe depression most of my life. I also have epilepsy, but it's under control w/meds.

Helpful Tips

how i feel every second of my day....
shaking shivering starting to cry feeling so lonely wanting to die and if you tell people the things that you do they still don't know all ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.