Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
mary need your opinion
it_is_what_it_is posted:
Mary if you have time could you please read my response to storm 224 on the thread NEW TO ALL THIS... i have once again offended someone. could you please let me know how and where i went wrong with my words. i do not want to offend people.

marysings responded:
You know what? I blame it on this stinkin hot weather! I don't care if you are like me and avoid being outside at all costs, it still causes people to become testy. It's simply too hot. It's hard to think clearly. I have little or no energy. My outside sun-loving plants are even suffering. And I don't know about you, but the four walls are closing in on me.

Storm224 has found another online Borderline community. She likes it and wanted to share what she found.

I wasn't too kind when I posted yuck yuck yuck. I should have made myself clearer about why I didn't like it - and I have now added a final post to that other conversation.

As Borderlines, we like to bull up and declare that we have the answer to anything and everything. We balk when it appears that someone doesn't agree with us. We want everyone to like us and when that doesn't happen, we get paranoid or we decide the other person is 'bad'. We are horrible patients for psychiatrists and therapists. We want attention of any kind and we want it NOW!

In reality, all of us are good, fine people. We have a mental health disease that is 'one of the worst'. Learning to live with ourselves is difficult, and learning to live with others is a constant struggle for attention, love, and acceptance.

It's our burden to bear and we really don't like it or ourselves. But we have it and we need to learn how to live with it on this website. This should NOT be a place where all of us have to walk on 'eggshells'. We need to communicate with each other, do our best to be civil, and get along. What we learn HERE, we can tuck into our hat and use it OUT THERE, in the real world.

I realize that we are all unique in so many ways. I can't answer a post without writing a 'sermon'. Others only use nouns and verbs. Some post their 'story', don't see a lot of action, and leave.

I asked Caprice about creating this community and got a lot of support from her. Let's not cause a ruckus to the point that WebMD says to 'take her down' because the people on there are too mentally ill to handle.

We aren't too mentally ill.
We shouldn't be hard to get along with.
We will do our best to lift each other up.

There is a lot of sadness right now for some of us. There is a lot of emptiness for some of us. Sadness and emptiness are not good feelings. Let's each take the time to remember that as individuals we have opinions. We should be able to give our opinion without being 'shut down' by someone else.

Ok, I started the mess with my unkind message to storm224. I hope she and everyone else read this post. I apologize for my blunt reaction. I was overwhelmed on the other website but that's ok. What was not ok was my post with only adjectives.

Friends?

I love and care about all of you,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

it_is_what_it_is replied to marysings's response:
thanks mary, i will keep my mouth shut. i apologize for messing with your board. i did not mean to cause a ruckus, the web site just was uncomfortable for me, i went back and looked again, and have a better idea why. strom if you see this post please know i was not talking about you or your story, my negative thinking is ALL on me not you or the website. and your right strom i am stupid.

Storm224 replied to it_is_what_it_is's response:
It is

I hope you don't keep your mouth shut, if we won't learn how to get along between ourselves, how can we expect to become part of society one day? I don't think you are stupid and I am truly sorry for saying what I said, it was wrong and I apologize if I hurt your feelings. We are all dealing with our issues, I have a short fuse and it got me in to quite a lot of trouble over the years. After analyzing I think the reason I got irritated was because I thought you were judging me and others without really knowing us. I understood you said, that I am somehow happy I have the disease, which is so not true. As you can understand, I'm still digesting, but I know for sure that I am not ashamed of who I am. I have been working very hard to control myself and I am goanna try twice as hard now that I know I am really sick.
As dem wrote, we are all entitled to our own opinion, I can choose to like the site and you can choose not to, but that doesn't mean that we can't be friends here and try to help each other out. The fact that I am planning to be on the other website doesn't mean I am not going to be active here as well. I really want to get better and can use all the help I can get .I hope you will forgive me and I want you to know, that the fact that you're here working on yourself and trying to fix your issues makes you a very very special person.

With all my love

Storm

it_is_what_it_is replied to Storm224's response:
hey, storm thanks for letting me know that you read the post. i don't feel things so sometimes when i talk or post i say things not knowing or meaning for them to come across as judgemental. i am the last person to judge any one. no worries about hurting my feeling. ( i don't have them) the fact of the mater is i dropped out of 8th grade not knowing how to read or right until i was 20 any way i don't understand how to communicate the way most people do. i am glade that you gave me the chance to say i was sorry.

Storm224 replied to it_is_what_it_is's response:
Hey it is

As far as I'm concerned its ancient history, never happened... Let's move on

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi everyone my name is steve i have bpd along with other illness .please disguard my bad spelling but will due the best i can. I am new to this group ...More

Helpful Tips

how i feel every second of my day....
shaking shivering starting to cry feeling so lonely wanting to die and if you tell people the things that you do they still don't know all ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.