Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
Trouble in Paridise
depressedinkansas posted:
Here I am can't sleep again. Boyfriend feels he is being used. If anyone is being used it's my ex husband. I am taking so much advantage of him. End of month and I have no money so he finnally does for a change and I am getting him to buy gas and smokes for me. I guess I will repay him eventually. Boyfriend however thinks my feelings go deeper than just asking for things. It is him I go to bed with and spend most of my time with I just don't get it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone out there to help me????????????????

marysings responded:
It sounds like your boyfriend is taking advantage of you and your ex. Does your BF help with the bills? Does he contribute to the house expenses? If the answer is NO, tell him to either pull his weight or get off the property.

My younger son is divorced. He and his ex are the best of friends. When they meet to leave/pick up our grandson, they always hug. It's wonderful to watch that. Our son says they are now the best of friends. I expect you and your ex can say the same....there is a friendship there much stronger than when you were married.

Seems like the boyfriend needs to lay off criticizing you. He should be thankful that your ex still cares about you.

I don't think that answered your question except to point out that your BF needs to help you. If he doesn't care enough to do that, you might want to rethink your relationship. He will never change, no matter what he says.

All the best,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was sexually and mentally abused for so long i began to fanatisize that a wonderful woman would come and save me it got so bad I just started talkin...More

Helpful Tips

Identifying Borderline Personality Disorder
Thoughts that may indicate BPD Alternate between seeing people as either flawless or evil? Have difficulty remembering the good things ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.