Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
hey evreyone
Storm224 posted:
Was doing pretty well lately, but today is one of those days, I hate everyone and everything. I am about to burst, feel this anger, range, frustration build up inside me , I would literally like to choke someone or at least brake something. Therapy is not until next Sunday and I hope that by writing here I will prevent myself from doing something impulsive and stupid .Hope all u guys are doing good ,Mary, It is, Dem and Joy...

it_is_what_it_is responded:
sorry your day is going bad, mine not great either. instead of anger building i go numb, nothing matters, end up taking it out on myself . i don't know if this would help or Evan if it is good advice, what about buying a punching bag so when you feel the anger build you can release in a controlled way. hope thing get better for you . stay strong.

Storm224 replied to it_is_what_it_is's response:

thnx 4 ur response..it's actually an excellent piece of advice, I started taking BJJ classes(brazilin jujitsu) a couple months ago .it's great, it allows me to express my anger in a healthier way. There's actually a punching bag there, but I don't really know how 2 use it .I'm planning to add a muay thai class in September or October and once ill learn to punch, I wanna buy a punching bag and practice at home .

anwayz..hope ur day gets better...

joynevercomes2me replied to Storm224's response:
my day today has been ok, but then, i've been busy all day... it_is, i respond to anger the same way you do...everything ends up not really mattering and i take it all out on myself. i had a really bad night last night. i got to thinking about stuff and i was writing and got really upset. i started thinking about doing something stupid, and i scared myself real bad. it was the middle of the night, and the only thing i could think of was to call the crisis hotline that's listed on my therapist's card. i called and talked to a nice lady that got me calmed down. she tried to get me to tell her my address and phone number but i told her no, i couldn't have anybody come to my house, and i couldn't go to the hospital cuz i don't have anyone else to take care of my pets. so she laughed and said "well i guess you're not serious about hurting yourself so are you feeling better?" and i was like it don't matter if i'm serious or not, i'm not giving you my info! anyway...obviously i didn't do anything stupid. and i go see my therapist tomorrow...she's going to love hearing about this......hope you're doing ok storm. in the meantime before you can get a punching bag, use a pillow to beat up if you need to hit something. ttyl

marysings responded:
Hi Storm. It's been 7 hours since you posted and I hope you are feeling better now.

I had therapy today. I cried, sobbed, and wailed the whole time I was in Dr.B's office. Then I made the 2 hour drive home and took a nice nap.

Today's high was 110. I hope it's cooler where you live.

Hugs,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

it_is_what_it_is replied to joynevercomes2me's response:
it great you made it thru with out hurting yourself (i know how hard that is) i hope you have a good appt. with your T . stay strong, sometimes i wonder if people with these problems would make better hot line operators???? just a thought.

it_is_what_it_is replied to Storm224's response:
hope your day is going better storm... those class sound great i envy you, i don't do well in public so i don't go out much. i am still read up on dbt training hoping to find some new skills to use to deal with this crud. have a great day ...

Storm224 replied to it_is_what_it_is's response:
Hey all..
Thnx 4 the warm responses..Decided 2 work from home today..and I think I am a better( well I did have a little 2 drink last night ,so I guess that helpedJ) it is..Since I don't do DBT in therapy, with my therapist approval I joined a DBT support group on yahoo. Not exactly what I was looking for, but I will try it out..Every Saturday they post a lesson with homework and you have 2 send your homework during the following week. If u want I can send u he details, if u don't it's also fine. I am not even sure I am going to stay there. Joy, I hope therapy goes well and ull have a breakthrough..Marry.. I wish I had a car , driving is very therapeutic for me. Although I discovered during therapy that I tried 2 kill myself by getting in to an accident. (did lots of drunk driving)so maybe 4 now it's better an don't have a car.. hope u all have a great day..
I love u all"026.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've had major depression and mood swings for years. I suffered some serious trauma in my childhood. My father was verbally abusive to me and phys...More

Helpful Tips

Some Traits Common to People with BPD
People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.