Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
We need to remember
marysings posted:
WebMD does not allow exchanges of email addresses or phone numbers. It does not allow us to reveal the town we live in or other specific information.

If you post personal information, it will be removed as quickly as possible by WebMD staff.

If you and another member want to converse on another website then WebMD encourages you to do that.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart.  Have patience with me as I heal.

joynevercomes2me responded:
didn't know that was how it was on here. mary, i know you don't write the rules, but not being able to share info makes absolutely no sense to me at all. you'd think they'd want people to be able to support each other in any way possible, including privately, if needed. i only have access to a computer when i'm at work or if i go to my parents' or the library. i can read the discussions on my phone but i can't reply or post.

i was just trying to help storm and myself...because 99.9% of the time i have no one to talk to. just thought maybe we could text or private message on facebook or something to give each of us someone to talk to when we need it. oh well...so much for trying to be helpful.

marysings replied to joynevercomes2me's response:
It's an evil world we live in. There are predators who frequent this website. They often try to put themselves in communities where people might be vulnerable. They often try to post as an expert guest.

It's a safety measure. How would you feel if WebMD did allow personal information to be shared and then they find out that someone was hurt, abused, or harmed in any way? WebMD cannot put their business in a vulnerable position. This rule has been in place for many years. I came to WebMD in the summer of 2003 and it was a rule then.

You and storm will have to work out another way to converse with each other.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Storm224 replied to marysings's response:
Hey Joy and Mary
I appreciate your concern. Although I am not an alcoholic, I think that if I won't be careful I will turn in 2 one over next few months. It's a battle between the healthy me and the sick one. I overcame the urge to buy alcohol twice this week and thanks to the support I got here, I decided to try and devote my weekend to more productive activities. Joy, I would like to take you on your offer, I started a DBT online group and I think having someone to share experiences with would be great. As marry said it can't be done here (and yes it can be frustrating, but think about the other side as marry presented it). there's a bpd group on a website called project experience, were we can exchange info. However, we should probably speak to our therapist bout it first and get their approval. Hope the rest of u are doing well "026.

marysings replied to Storm224's response:
storm, I am so glad that you have made different plans for the weekend! yeah for you!!

I'm on the project experience website as a member but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get to conversations.

Love,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Storm224 replied to marysings's response:
1. thnx marry..Today at therapy we analyzed that I want to drink in order to forget who I am and what my name is .my therapist explained that it has to do with identity disturbance. He told me he's not goanna tell me not to drink so I won't hurt myself or even kill myself just as someone who really cares about me. He's telling me as a therapist that its part of the process I'm going through, I don't want 2 shut it out by drinking my brains out..
and that website is kind of messy, but maybe as I wrote we can get people to become part of our community"026

Spotlight: Member Stories

Where do I even start, I guess I am just like everyone else. Been through too much, survived it all, but still not living. I started drinking at age 9...More

Helpful Tips

Some Traits Common to People with BPD
People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.