Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
DBT
joynevercomes2me posted:
ok, i went thru a bunch of the old posts where people talked about DBT, but none of them talked about what it really is or consists of. my therapist, K, told me a lil about it on Wednesday, and we talked about "mindfulness". i know i can go online to other websites to find out more, but i can't do that at work cuz i can only access webmd (crazy huh?). can anyone give me some websites to check out? i'll see if i can access them from my phone then maybe go to the library sometime. anyway, just wondering...

btw...today's been blah...don't know why. it's almost as if i get worse when the weekend comes becuz i know i wouldn't be able to get hold of K if i needed her and i'm so totally alone i don't have anyone to talk to or call if i needed to. *shrugs* such is my life.

marysings responded:
This is an excellent website about DBT. There's a ton information about the skills, the reason for learning them, and diary cards.

You'll probably need to spend a fair amount of time there. The website is packed with information.

Mary

http://www.dbtselfhelp.com/index.html
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

joynevercomes2me replied to marysings's response:
thanks mary. i can access a little bit of this website from my phone, so i'll read what i can until i make it to the library.

also....anyone know of any other BPD sites that have a mobile interface so i can access it from my phone?

just wondering....

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've battled depression since I was 5 years old when my father suddenly passed away, but it was never treated until I was almost 40. Needless to s...More

Helpful Tips

Some Traits Common to People with BPD
People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.