Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
Dr.M - my new psychiatrist - a report
marysings posted:
Yes, Dr.M did remember me from the psych hospital where he had filled in for the inpatient psychiatrist on the weekends. He asked me how many times I had been in and I made a guess of 7 times. He asked if I was on the trauma unit every time and I said yes.

He wanted to know if I was using my DBT and CBT skills to stay grounded. I told him yes but sometimes it was pretty difficult. He also said I could help myself by going through my affirmation cards, writing, or drawing.

He asked who was my therapist and I told him Dr.B. He asked for Dr.B's phone number. I wish I could be a mouse to hear that conversation!

He asked if I thought my current meds were helping and I told him I was sort of on the fence about that. I told him I had some days where I was on a virtual roller coaster all day. He agreed those would be difficult days. I told him I would rate my depression as a 7 on a 10 point scale, 10 being the worst. He said he would not make any med changes right now.

He asked what Dr.B and I were working on and I lowered my head as the tears started. I told him just a little bit about it and he was horrified when I told him that both my parents were sexually abusive to me. He asked if I wanted to go inpatient to work on this specific trauma to get through it quicker rather than just one therapy hour per week. I told him no.

He gave me prescriptions for all of my meds and told me he wanted to see me in 2 months. He said to remember I could call him anytime.

I think it was a good first appointment.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart.  Have patience with me as I heal.

dem242 responded:
listen nary, i posted domething to you and chris, you and her are pretty much in the same boat, i jusr wanted to let you both know that i really care, i am just so heartbroken all i want to so is cry goodnite

joynevercomes2me responded:
sounds like a good first appt. to me too. glad it went well for you. it's always a good sign when your doc wants to contact others on your team. i'm still on a waiting list to get in to my new doctor, and i hope it goes as well as your visit did.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was sexually and mentally abused for so long i began to fanatisize that a wonderful woman would come and save me it got so bad I just started talkin...More

Helpful Tips

Some Traits Common to People with BPD
People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.