Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
just sayin' hi
joynevercomes2me posted:
hi everybody. thought i'd let you know i'm ok, i guess, just haven't had computer access lately. i was supposed to go to work tonite but got called and told to stay home. i have a meeting at the main office tuesday morning, i think i'm getting fired. if they do, i'll just say thank you, and hand them their uniforms and be on my way. guess i'll just go to the county and request assistance, but don't know if i'll get any. oh yeah, i went to my groups last week and things were a little bit better, so we'll see what this week is like.

hope everybody's doing ok. doesn't look like much has been going on with this group.

maybe i'll stop in later in the week and keep ya updated.

marysings responded:
Oh my, I hope you aren't going to get fired.

I hope you can enjoy tomorrow and find something to do that takes your mind off losing your job. Have you made a plan on how to get through that? Will you be able to draw unemployment?

I'm glad the groups are working well for you. I wish I had groups to attend, but that would not work in this town! 2,233 residents ... no way I'm going to stay "anonymous" here.

Please check in on Tuesday and let us know how you are doing.

Hugs,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

joynevercomes2me replied to marysings's response:
got fired.

i guess i deserved it. i took too many days off. but when you feel like total crap 110% of the time, there's so many times when you just can't function, and if you can't function, you won't be worth anything at work.

anyway...losing my job means that all the work my parents and i have been doing trying to find me a house to live in stops. it means i can't get my collie back soon like i wanted to (have to have a house to get her back). it means i still have to put down my black cat because she's been sick for a while, but then i won't have my collie to fill that void.

everything was going really well for several days, and then this. something always happens when things are looking good to ruin it. this is why i hate my life. this is why i just want to end it.

so since i no longer have a job, i won't be able to be online very often, unless i go to my parents' house or to a library or to this group (where i am now).

marysings replied to joynevercomes2me's response:
I'm so sorry that you lost your job. You didn't qualify for FMLA leave? I suppose that is all under the bridge now.

I can understand your frustrations that it seems that the whole world is against you. It's not true and I hope you can step aside from your anger and sadness and find a ray of hope somewhere.

I will look forward to your future posts as you slowly pick yourself up and begin again to find your place in society. Stay with your groups and check in here when you can.

Hugs,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

joynevercomes2me replied to marysings's response:
mary, i was only at my job 3 days short of 6 months. and because the place i was working at is a dirty company, they're taking my 40 hrs of training pay back from me. so my last paycheck will pretty much be a little of nothing.

i'm doing ok i guess. i have my days. for the most part though i'm kinda shutting down and isolating myself. this past friday i had to put my 10 yr old black cat to sleep. it was so horribly painful but i've realized that i actually feel a peace about it cuz 1) i was in control of the situation from beginning to end (the doc waited for my answer for everything, he was very kind and empathetic) and 2) i know she's not suffering and confused anymore, and i know she's looking down on me. i cry about it every once in a while, but for the most part i'm ok about it.

job-wise, haven't had any luck as of yet. have a couple places i have to call later today after my appt at job & family services to try to get some food stamps and maybe cash assistance.

anyway...i'll probably stop in and leave ya a note every once in a while...just keep me in your thoughts.

joy

marysings replied to joynevercomes2me's response:
Joy, I don't have much time but I want to tell you that the company is breaking a federal law by keeping pay that you worked for. Please contact someone in your area and report that when it happens. I would recommend a lawyer but I don't want you to lose more money. I think maybe the social security office would be a good start. If they can't help you, they will be able to find someone who can.

I'll write more later,
Mary

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 64 and divorced and single. I have 3 children and 3 grandchildren, but they aren't really involved in my life. I married an abusive man wh...More

Helpful Tips

Identifying Borderline Personality Disorder
Thoughts that may indicate BPD Alternate between seeing people as either flawless or evil? Have difficulty remembering the good things ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.