Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
Thank you
Storm224 posted:
Hey everyone..
Hope you are all doing well, I didn't post or comment in a while and I wanted to come back to say thank you and goodbye.
You guys rock!! After I was diagnosed I simply needed people to talk to and I got that here.
Over the past few months I've done lots of reading, I joined an online DBT support group and got the opportunity to meet amazing people who are struggling with similar issues. I am probably going to add a second weekly therapy session and I'm also looking into a psycho playback group.
I told three friends and a cousin of mine and I'm happy I did, I got support and love from all of them (all though they don't live in my city and I am basically on my one on a day to day basis, it's still comforting). I made a great deal of progress over the last few months and I feel that I got all this community can offer at this point , I also hope that I contributed a little from my one.
I know I'm on the step of an interesting and painful journey, but I am actually quite excited. I really believe that I could have a promising future one day. It's a daily struggle and I'm sure I'll have my down moments but I think that the outcome will be good.
I have an account on experience project under the name storm 224. (Btw U guys were right it is too messy and it's kinda hard to track who's who. I check in there from time to time and if anyone would be interested I would be glad to exchange emails. Joy, hope to hear from u...)
I want to thank you all, for being there for me and offering your support, love and comfort.
Marry, I feel I should have a special sentence just for you .Your story is truly an inspiration for us all. From the little I got to know you I could say, that despite your horrible childhood you are a loving and caring human been. I am grateful for the advice, support and tips. Continue to be a source of comfort for the rest of us.

Take care and god bless

Love

Storm

lostsouls49 responded:
that is awesome storm . i am so happy for you and i know mary willed be thrilled, one day at time, u was you much success. please just drop a note even to say hi

marysings responded:
Thank you, Storm. I appreciate your comments. I truly don't feel better than anyone else. I believe that anyone who can live through abuse can come out stronger. I also believe that my walk with Christ certainly gives me incredible strength. I fall down a lot but I'm learning that getting up again is good.

I deleted my account on the project experiment site. I could never get to any postings! I've never seen a site quite like that. I believe that their effort to support everyone was the downfall. Too much stuff, too many lost indians, and most likely too many chiefs!

Have a good life my friend. You will always be welcomed with open arms when you drop by for a visit.

Love,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

it_is_what_it_is responded:
hey good luck, i have learned from your post and will miss you bet wishes and i look forward to any updates. peace, enjoy your life.

Storm224 replied to it_is_what_it_is's response:
Thank you all for your kind wishes, I do hope to stop by once in a while and check in..

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Brittany. I was raised in an emotionally, verbally, and physically abusive household. I just moved out of that household a year ago (I&...More

Helpful Tips

Some Traits Common to People with BPD
People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.