Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
Mary
thelovelylemontree posted:
I just wanted to tell you that I admire the courage you have to post a picture of yourself -- and KEEP it up! I tried it for a few days and couldn't... it felt just like too much exposure.

You are a beautiful woman. There is love and joy on your face, whether you see it or not. When I look at you, I see a kind, grandmother-figure who will hold me and wipe away my tears.

Don't ever be ashamed of who you are. We love you.

marysings responded:
LLT, thank you for the compliment. I've never felt I took good pictures but my cousin snapped this and I thought I looked pleasant enough. Anyway, I thought I would try it out here. I did have someone ask if that was a picture of the mother ... trust me, I don't look much like her at all.

Try another picture, LLT. You are a beautiful young lady (I remember when you used to have a picture on here).

Love,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

thelovelylemontree replied to marysings's response:
As you've been chewing on my suggestion of the "it's not fair" list, I've been chewing on your suggestion of putting up a picture for my icon.

I actually think that I would like to share a few pictures of me with you. The thing is... it's just you that I want to share them with. If you have an email addy you'd like to share, I'll send you a couple of my favorite picture.

I think that once winter comes around, I wouldn't be so averse to putting a picture up of myself... after all, I am in the snow, covered by hat, scarf, coat and gloves. That feels safer.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have had a long a tumultuous past with mental health. It started when I was 12 with the skin picking, although it is not clearly noticeable until la...More

Helpful Tips

Some Traits Common to People with BPD
People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful