Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
TO BLAKE
CHARLIE2299 posted:
Hi Blake, I am Charlie and also new to BPD and this forum. I am 64 years old and been battling major depression and other BPD symptoms my whole life, without understanding why I just couldn't get it together and had such a difficult life.
I finally ended in the hospital without warning or any understanding as what was happening to me.
There is a book named "I HATE YOU, DONT LEAVE ME " which decribes the symptoms and causes of BPD.
I am not a doctor but I feel your doctors should not be prescribing addictive drugs to you. You have enough on your plate.
Zoloft is the drug of choice for anxiety and panic attacks (which Ive had since age 16). I take an additional antidepresent called Wellbutrin that is added to the Zoloft. You have to be your own advocate and not to do whatever these Doctors tell you.Many many doctors do not know all the aspects of BPD.You should find a doctor that treats BPD, which alot should"t be, ask them and interview them. You should not be on Benso at all. Its noy "life" Blake its an illness you had no control ober. Good Luck Charlie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've had major depression and mood swings for years. I suffered some serious trauma in my childhood. My father was verbally abusive to me and phys...More

Helpful Tips

how i feel every second of my day....
shaking shivering starting to cry feeling so lonely wanting to die and if you tell people the things that you do they still don't know all ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.