Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
I don't know what to believe
56deb posted:
I was diagnosed with bpd around 1993, I have been treated and institutionalized that same yr. I have been on countless, medications.
Right now I'm on paroxetine 40mg a day, I'm not sure if it is helping as I'm also on strong meds for cronic pian.
I move around allot and told my dr. about my diagnoses from before. My Dr. seems to think that was wrong and that I am fine. I talk about my not trusting, and my past and present, and my anger issues but she just doesn't believe, that, that is my problem. I have had and still have most of the behaviors, but try not to dewell on them. As you well know that doesn't always work. I often ask my better half what is wrong with me, and he says there is nothing wrong.
I can't seem to hang on to friendships. I isolate myself and now can't go out on my own. I'm lonely and angry with everything in my life except for Brian he has gone through allot with me.
I am 58, and have absolutetly no family they have all deserted me. Its been ten years. since I have seen my daughters, and 30 since I have seen my siblings. Both of my parents are dead my mom died when I was 3. My dad in 1986. No lose there.
So i try to believe I'm okay and some days I do.

Deb

marysings responded:
Do you see a counselor? There is help for Borderlines!

If the "dr" you are referring to is who you see for counseling - fire her. You don't have to pay for help that doesn't really help you.

If you don't have a counselor and you want to get into counseling, find someone who is trained in treating Borderlines. Some therapists will only have one BPD patient. We are high maintenance!

I am very sorry that your daughters have pulled away from you! It hurts a lot, doesn't it?

Deb, I'm glad you reached out in the community. There is an excellent community for Depression:
http://exchanges.webmd.com/depression-exchange

Not knowing your problems that led you to develop BPD, there is also another community you might be interested in:
http://exchanges.webmd.com/sexual-abuse-survivors-support-exchange

This community board can be very slow but post as often as you want to. I check this several times a day.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've battled depression since I was 5 years old when my father suddenly passed away, but it was never treated until I was almost 40. Needless to s...More

Helpful Tips

Some Traits Common to People with BPD
People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.