Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
Meds, and the seasons.
godlim posted:
I have multiple diagnosies, of BPD, bipolar NOS, and some other little funky things that aren't very significant, like compulsive skin picking. I am finding, that mood regulation is becoming a huge task these days because of the weather and amount of light changing. This summer I was in acute partial hospitalization for 5 months. While there I had a psychiatrist who took me off of some of my meds, some decisions I agree with whole heartily, because I never needed to be on a stimulant drug. But my old psychiatrist wouldn't listen to me. Well, he also took me off of my mood stabilizer lamictal because I wanted to go on the BC pill. Now that I am back in the pits because of the season changing, I am now finding it entirely difficult to use the things that I learned in treatement, I have no motivation. Not to mention I am in the "bad" and "horrible" category so its difficult to even want to be nice to myself, and be more mentally healthy. I have no psychiatrist after getting discharged, so I feel like I'm sort of alone clinging for dear life to a raft afloat in the middle of the choppy sea. Anyone, relate, or maybe know of any ideas to get out of this funk? Or maybe suggestions on how I could find a psychiatrist?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story would take too long. But I've suffered from severe depression most of my life. I also have epilepsy, but it's under control w/meds.

Helpful Tips

Some Traits Common to People with BPD
People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.