Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
Is there a cure?
Anon_61744 posted:
I was diagnosed with BPD nine years ago. I have been on countless Meds., especially mood stabilizers, have gone to DVT classes, but am still struggling with this on a daily basis. can anyone relate? I feel Ike my moods are bouncing off the wall and I suffer from terrible panic attacks as well as major depression. I have so much in my life to be happy for. Can I ever be cured?

jankearney123 responded:
WITH CONSTANT WORK?

marysings responded:
There are some who say if you learn the DBT skills and apply them daily to your life that you can be ''cured''. I disagree. There are just some things we have to learn to live with.

I believe in the DBT skills and use them. I take several psych meds for my severe depression. I am in weekly therapy. There is hope that my Borderline traits will fade into the back of my life. I do not have any hope about someday be cured.

Maybe you can hold onto the happiness. I know I do in my life.

Merry Christmas,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

mimi0555 responded:
May I ask you what Meds you are on and which help you the most with the Borderline.

marysings replied to mimi0555's response:
There are no meds for Borderline Personality. I take meds for severe depression. No meds will help with Borderline issues unless you take an anti-axiety or anti-psychotic meds.

I'm sorry because I know this is something that is important to you. You might search the internet for meds that might help you. One website is crazymeds.com

Merry Christmas and all the best to you,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've battled depression since I was 5 years old when my father suddenly passed away, but it was never treated until I was almost 40. Needless to s...More

Helpful Tips

Identifying Borderline Personality Disorder
Thoughts that may indicate BPD Alternate between seeing people as either flawless or evil? Have difficulty remembering the good things ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.