Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
    confused and need some insight
    80sangel posted:
    I am 36 years old, i have been diagnosed with ADD,Anxiety and OCD. here is my delema. before i knew what was wrong with me my husband who is a good man has these horrable mood swings. he will be happy go lucky joking around and just alot of fun, then a few days/weeks later he will be hateful, negative and just a bear with a sore butt. i have looked into bi polar but it is so complex i cant wrap my head around it. I am not sure now if its bi polar or personality dissorder? he knows this happens but is stubborn and says their is nothing wrong with him. I know their is and have known it for a while now. It gets so bad sometimes we just leave him alone and dont bother him its like walking on egg shells when hes in that mood. he says that my daughter and i have the problem not him, well i know we have a problem we both have ADD... he can be very hurtful, and down right mean sometimes. he has never been physically mean to us. he always appologizes when he is done having a fit. we know he dosent mean what he says but it still is hurtful. then he will be fine and all happy again. To us it seems like hes a child having a temper tantrum because he didnt get his way or what he wanted. any help would be greatful before i go nuts. thank you ALMOST NUTS
    marysings responded:
    This community is a support group for people diagnosed with Borderline Personality.

    We are not professionals and there is not a professional attached to this community.

    If your husband is having emotional issues, look into counseling. Just remember, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. If your husband is not willing, don't waste time and money. It has to be his decision.

    All the best to you,
    I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.
    lovely_lemon_tree replied to marysings's response:
    Second that. Mary's suggestion of taking your husband to counseling is good. Also keep in mind that no one BUT a professional can diagnose a personality disorder, and at that, probably not after several weeks of continuing contact. And if I'm correct, you are trying to diagnose him on your own -- please don't try! It will probably wind up upsetting you and flustering and triggering him. Let's leave diagnosis to the professionals.

    Good luck.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    The symptoms of me being Bipolar with BPD had been apparent since I was a teenager, but not diagnosed until 10 years ago. I spent my life in Rapid Cyc...More

    Helpful Tips

    Some Traits Common to People with BPD
    People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 5 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.