Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
    Emotional Support Animals
    MsKrys26 posted:
    How do I go about getting a "presciption" for my cat to be my ESA? I was diagnosed with BPD when I was 16, and my cat is my life. I love her so much, and I live in apt that does not allow pets unless medically nessecary. I live in Topeka KS
    lovely_lemon_tree responded:
    I have someone up my sleeve you can contact -- she's at Bright Horizons (the consumer-run organization) in Great Bend, and her name is Kathy. She runs something called "The Buddy Program" (in honor of her first ESA) and she will have all the Kansas-specific information for you. Look her up, give her a call. I have her cell number if you want, just let me know here and I'll email you privately.

    I know this because I lived in Great Bend for four years. I still think of KS as home. My cat, Claire, was the first ESA in the Buddy program, and Claire died in 2009. Now I have Savannah, who is completely a different soul from Claire, but she is also my support animal and I take her on long trips. I'll be going back to school in the fall and I'll be taking Savvy with me as a service animal.

    I hate to say exactly what you need paperwork-wise, because specifications differ by state, but give Kathy a call, and she'll be able to guide you through it.

    Good luck!

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    The symptoms of me being Bipolar with BPD had been apparent since I was a teenager, but not diagnosed until 10 years ago. I spent my life in Rapid Cyc...More

    Helpful Tips

    Some Traits Common to People with BPD
    People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 5 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.